IGNORED

New D/D Converters from Denafrips

16 minutes ago, 57gold said:

With respect to DAC design, I was hoping that this was the case, that some folks figured it out and particularly those producing $2K+ DACs.  

But you post above also suggests that one needs to use a good USB source...which for this piker, who doesn't understand what most of the people posting on this forum about things like convolution, end points, boxes called Pis, USB reclockers for $3K...a Mac Mini USB out, is that a USB source?  Or is this where some of the gadget boxes come in?

I am not in favor of add on gadgets personally.  i prefer a good, designed for high end audio, USB source.  One can hardly expect a consumer grade commercial computer designed for general computer purposes (master of none) to be a good high end  audio source.  One is better off with something designed for the task at hand (delivering perfect USB audio signal integrity, with ultra low noise), not something designed for general computing purposes.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

@Blake, Far from everything is figured out by anyone, and certainly not me.  But just because everything is not figured out, does not mean we should dismiss the things which are figured out.  
Please do not put words in my mouth though... it appears to me that you are reading an awful lot between the lines of what I have said: "Berkeley must be incompetent engineers", umm, not sure how/where you could infer this from my words, for example?

On the "Perfect USB DAC" question, I never said anything about any "Perfect DAC" of any type?  BTW, for the sake of discussion, does it really make sense that a really good USB interface could made in a separate chassis, but such could not be achieved inside the DAC itself?

On the uDigital, it gets a "free pass" to where exactly?  I do not actually have anything to do with the uDigital product, but the way I look at it, Sonore offers this product because the Rendu Series Renderers have only USB output, and some customers have SPDIF only input DACs, or they might just want to use SPDIF, or I2S for that matter, I do not see anything wrong with offering options for customers?

And, please keep in mind that my post was direct response to a question from 57Gold which i feel was a very legitimate question.  No one is under any obligation to agree with me if they choose not to.

@Summit, simply, no, sorry for any misunderstanding.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

@Blake, As this is your thread, I will decline further comment.

SONORE computer audio