IGNORED

New D/D Converters from Denafrips

Blake, great thread, thanks.

So for those of you who have used the Gaia (esp with non-Denafrips dacs) are you saying that sending it's I2S output to, say, the Holo dacs is not worth it due to the misuse of clocking with I2S?  I'm more than a little confused...thx.

On 7/30/2020 at 6:44 AM, Blake said:

Hi Ted, I am not sure I am following your question here.  Perhaps I missed a comment in this thread or somewhere else.  Could you provide some further detail?

Miska (aka Jussi), among others, talks about how, in HDMi-based I2S implementations, the clock is on the wrong side; it should be using the DAC's clock.  So......with this supposed flaw I was wondering if the Gaia's I2S still outperformed it's USB (or other) connection when used with an I2S-capable DAC like the Holo.  I, personally, liked the Su-1 and its I2S connection to my Holo better than going directly to USB, but that was my own perception, and was previous to Holo using new USB boards on its DACs.  I'm wondering if the Gaia would be an upgrade in my system, using I2S.

• 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, Lebouwsky said:

What’s going on here?

Sounds like the Iris does great things with jittter.  What is your dac, and what sample rates is the Iris dealing with?