IGNORED

New D/D Converters from Denafrips

• 1 month later...

I got my Gaia today, came in before T+. I have it connected to my Holo Spring DAC, but it is not seeing the DAC or DAC is not seeing it. I see lights on Gaia change when input changes from PCM to DSD, and when the sample rate changes from HQPlayer, but my Holo does not have any display as if it is not seeing anything coming to it. I have the right input I2s selected on Holo. Anything I am missing here? I powered my Holo couple of times, but nothing. 

I am using the same I2s cable which I was using on the SU-1.

Blake, what I know is that Holo uses PS Audio configuration (if there is such thing), which is HDMI, I guess.

It is connecting now, but when I played a redbook up sampled to 352.8 via HQP. The sound coming from the speakers is distorted/screechy, like when you play a damaged speaker. What could be the reason?

I see the correct displays on Gaia and on Holo DAC. It is showing PCM 352.8, and after turning off my amp, I see it change to DSD 512 for a DSD 64 track upsampled in HQP. I am afraid to turn the amp ON before knowing the reason. Don't want to blow a speaker or amp or whatever.

4 minutes ago, Abyss Man said:

Hi sig,

its a pin out issue. (Binary) Play with it till u get clean sound. Just in case do a left right channel check after configuration. The channels can be reversed but still sound clean, if that’s the case, you need to configure till it’s ok. 

Please explain how to fix this, sorry have no clue about this. I have few other HDMI cables if that helps. Thanks.

Got an email from Alvin and he said there is a mismatch between Holo and Gaia I2s, so I connected a cheap coax, and it works, but limited to 192k and DSD64 with this setup.

I would not try to comment or compare this with my SU-1 setup because it is not apples to apples at this point.

Thanks for your help. Waiting for T+. Another few days.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having trouble running Gaia and T+. All I get is static. It started with not being able to play DSD 512, so Alvin sent me a new Firmware update for Gaia, and T+. I installed all correctly, now all I get is static, at all sample rates in DSD and PCM. I am running HQP on Audiolinux. I am afraid I might loose a speaker or something. 

Anyone having any similar issue. It is not looking good at this moment.

Anyone using Audiolinux/HQPlayer combo with TPlus or TPlus + Gaia combo.

I would appreciate if few people who are on this thread can report the operating system and playback software being used with TPlus.

There is some issue using Audiolinux with TPlus and Gaia. I tried all pin-out combination for HDMI, nothing quite works, so forced to use Win10 for now, until Alvin can figure-out the issue.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...