IGNORED

Swine Song

4 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

You are thinking of cow or pig? Or cowpig?

I am so sorry, not a subversive attempt to derail the thread, just too much late night animal music causing some distraction :) Will try to compensate for it..

Inspired directly by your fantastic recent posts.

I'm sure some will prefer the remixed version.

This thread introduces music spaces I didn't even know exist, I have to admit I underrated it at first.. Forgive me.. Whoever can do it..

And equally importantly it reminded me of an old Henry Rollins' friend - Diamanda Galas..

Thank you.. Whoever is responsible for that..

15 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

This thread introduces music spaces I didn't even know exist, I have to admit I underrated it at first.. Forgive me.. Whoever can do it..

And equally importantly it reminded me of an old Henry Rollins' friend - Diamanda Galas..

Thank you.. Whoever is responsible for that..

Discovering day by day. I generally listen to no death metal/black metal and generally would say that I can't stand it for multiple reasons. But just maybe I'm beginning to understand it a little. As to the variety of vocalization out there that is..."non-standard", I think I've just tapped the surface.

Diamonda...is...out there...spooky...I don't think I'm going to travel very far with her.  But she is a phenomenon...or phenuminon.

Back to archival research.

"In 1966, The Who released the song "Boris the Spider", which featured death growls sung in basso profundo by bass player John Entwistle. This can be considered one of the first uses of death growl in popular music."