IGNORED

Article: Meet The Audiophile Style Community | Volume 5

Hi @Currawong! Thank you for the interview. 

You mentioned you listen to Radio Paradise, rate what you listen, then transfer the ratings to TIDAL and Qobuz via Soundiiz. I use Soundiiz to match libraries, playlists, etc, but didn't know it could transfer ratings... Can you explain in more detail please? Thx!

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

6 hours ago, Superdad said:

@Currawong: Great to finally put a face to a name I have known and read for years!

I do know your first name but won't use it unless you say it is okay. But I thought you lived in Australia. Did you move from there to Japan? How long aga?

Did not know about your YouTube channel, so thanks for that link @The Computer Audiophile.

--Alex C.

I like the YT channel a lot.

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

17 hours ago, Superdad said:

@Currawong: Great to finally put a face to a name I have known and read for years!

I do know your first name but won't use it unless you say it is okay. But I thought you lived in Australia. Did you move from there to Japan? How long aga?

Did not know about your YouTube channel, so thanks for that link @The Computer Audiophile.

--Alex C.

Hi Alex. My name is public, so no problem there.  I moved to Fukuoka in 2006 after my work fell apart and I was tired of living in Sydney. I started up doing Youtube at a friend's suggestion. In hindsight, I realise I might have made a good radio or TV announcer.

11 hours ago, miguelito said:

Hi @Currawong! Thank you for the interview. 

You mentioned you listen to Radio Paradise, rate what you listen, then transfer the ratings to TIDAL and Qobuz via Soundiiz. I use Soundiiz to match libraries, playlists, etc, but didn't know it could transfer ratings... Can you explain in more detail please? Thx!

Computer skills! I did this a while back using their old web site (which may not still exist). I downloaded the table of tracks, re-formatted it into M3U, then uploaded it to Soundiiz. I did ask them if they could create a means to download your favourites, and they said they would, but I haven't checked back to see if they have done it.

2 hours ago, djoman said:

did you hear RAAL rs1a and how do compare to the focal utopia or stax SR009S

I need to borrow a set to compare. I couldn't do it side-by-side so I can't really give an answer.

I have enjoyed your videos as well Currawong. I am having a hard time imagining getting tired of living in Sydney though . Loved visiting there three years ago. I could just sit on a park bench looking down at that beautiful harbor for hours. 

On 5/8/2020 at 6:41 AM, Currawong said:

Computer skills! I did this a while back using their old web site (which may not still exist). I downloaded the table of tracks, re-formatted it into M3U, then uploaded it to Soundiiz. I did ask them if they could create a means to download your favourites, and they said they would, but I haven't checked back to see if they have done it.

Ok so I presume you created a playlist on TIDAL and/or Qobuz and then rated all songs on that playlist. My question was more along the lines Soundiiz being able to transfer likes only.

system pics

7 hours ago, miguelito said:

Ok so I presume you created a playlist on TIDAL and/or Qobuz and then rated all songs on that playlist. My question was more along the lines Soundiiz being able to transfer likes only.

I didn't rate anything in TIDAL or Qobuz. I took the list of tracks I'd rated 7 or higher on Radio Paradise and re-formatted that into an M2U file I could import into Soundiiz.  I made a number of playlists, such as just tracks that are rated 10, or just those rated 9, or 8. This because even though some tracks, such as various Pink Floyd, that are rated 10, are not necessarily ones I want to listen to regularly when listening to a random selection. 

33 minutes ago, Currawong said:

I didn't rate anything in TIDAL or Qobuz. I took the list of tracks I'd rated 7 or higher on Radio Paradise and re-formatted that into an M2U file I could import into Soundiiz.  I made a number of playlists, such as just tracks that are rated 10, or just those rated 9, or 8. This because even though some tracks, such as various Pink Floyd, that are rated 10, are not necessarily ones I want to listen to regularly when listening to a random selection. 

Yes, understand. My point: You're not transferring RATINGS, you're transferring playlists. Thx.

system pics

I'm intrigued by your comment about the Chord Hugo TT2+Mscaler.  Have you reviewed these components?  Do you think they're 'better' than your current reference setups or just more livable without sacrificing anything?

I'm also thinking about doing the same thing but wondering how much of an improvement I would get over my Violectric 281 amp + Denafrips Pontus DAC (which I very much enjoy!)  Cheers!

I'm a bit wary of asking to borrow more Chord gear. Firstly because it is borrowed from the Japanese distributor, a lovely lady who doesn't gain anything from me reviewing it in English, and second because I'll want to keep them.  I borrowed a DAVE once, and that, direct to headphones, was like having music injected into my blood. I need a new car before I need a DAVE, so....

25 minutes ago, Currawong said:

I'm a bit wary of asking to borrow more Chord gear. Firstly because it is borrowed from the Japanese distributor, a lovely lady who doesn't gain anything from me reviewing it in English, and second because I'll want to keep them.  I borrowed a DAVE once, and that, direct to headphones, was like having music injected into my blood. I need a new car before I need a DAVE, so....

Can you speech Japanese ? why not a review in Japanese :P

1 minute ago, w1000i said:

Can you speech Japanese ? why not a review in Japanese :P

I'd have to script reviews if I did that, which would take me forever. I don't know how audiophiles describe things in Japanese either, so I have no idea if I'd sound like an idiot or not. I also don't understand what people are on about in online conversation if they are using colloquial terms, so responding to comments would be difficult.

16 hours ago, Currawong said:

I guess that means you have heard the TT2 but it wasn't enough to move you to change from what you currently use??

• 3 weeks later...