IGNORED

The Most Sexually Provocative Covers of All Time

Just now, cjf said:

I have my doubts that this is why there aren't more women here.

Most women have the attention span of a house fly which by default eliminates them in participating in this hobby 🤣

And then there is this reason... I personally have evidence to the contrary and no woman would want to wade through this just to try to enjoy something...

No electron left behind.

2 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

And then there is this reason... I personally have evidence to the contrary and no woman would want to wade through this just to try to enjoy something...

I should note again that I didn't say all...the key word is most. At least of the ones I've met over the last 40+ years

Hell, the same can be said for Men also for that matter 😀

19 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I don't know about you guys, but this one works for me...

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 4.04.22 PM.png

Yep, I've always liked it too. As for its style - it's art nouveau in a way (but mostly black and white).

As for her, I personally have nothing against, AFAIK Karajan quite liked her too  :)

This one is also quite art nouveau..

eradicate-the-doubt-511d51fa40f91.jpg

Two next ones - not that much..

1000004003043623.jpg

the-ideal-height-album-cover-sticker__92937.1539609515.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on

7 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

The difference between my posts and yours @sphinxsix are levels of subtlety...

ha.

I had guessed what your next post would be about before you even knew it yourself.

Ha!

I'd rather not discuss artistic value here, the chances wouldn't be even,

I'm not that badly educated in this field :)

There are countless possible visual aesthetics nowadays, not each of them has to be to everyone's liking.

When posters advertising this album appeared on the London Underground, many of them were defaced by graffiti artists with slogans like "This Offends Women" and "This is Sexist" or "This is Demeaning". Is it? IMO it's debatable.

The woman on the photo is Ksenia Sobchak - the daughter of the first democratically elected mayor of Saint Petersburg, Anatoly Sobchak (he had been both Vladimir Putin's and Dmitry Medvedev's law professor at Leningrad University), and the Russian senator Lyudmila Narusova. Ksenia Sobchak was the Civic Initiative's candidate for the 2018 Russian presidential election, the youngest Russian presidential candidate ever.

pulp-this_is_hardcore_a.jpg

The iconic 'Ritual' cover photo of a diorama made by lead singer Perry Farrell, depicting him in the three-way affair he sings about in "Three Days." But the nudity, both male and female, made some retailers squeamish, so the band also provided a plain white cover adorned with the text of the First Amendment.

81g6gBkzSHL._SL1425_.jpg

Probably even more iconic cover, the photo by Robert Mapplethorpe, the shirt from the Salvation Army.

Provocative or not.? :) 

100000x100000-999.jpg?1503330734

17 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

Just a reminder - this thread is supposed to be about provocative, controversial covers,

not necessarily about personal taste (which of course can also be discussed here :)).

My default take on "sexually provocative", without further qualification such as the one you just rendered, would be "provokes a sexually-related emotional reaction/response".

So, for me, this Album Cover would be bang on beam.

image.png.7209f2bef3bd28dc412960183ba28f0a.png

But you want "controversial" rather than "sexually interesting in the most generic possible of ways"?

You're the man and the boss!

Nothing like a bit of controversy!

9 minutes ago, Iving said:

My default take on "sexually provocative", without further qualification such as the one you just rendered, would be "provokes a sexually-related emotional reaction/response".

Your take has got the OP's blessing! :)

10 minutes ago, Iving said:

But you want "controversial" rather than "sexually interesting in the most generic possible of ways"?

There is no problem with none of these. In general I'd suggest non-problematical attitude :)

12 minutes ago, Iving said:

image.png.7209f2bef3bd28dc412960183ba28f0a.png

Everybody.. I hope so :D

It's all about some fun after all although I personally don't mind it getting a little more serious from time to time :)