IGNORED

The Most Sexually Provocative Covers of All Time

13 minutes ago, clipper said:

The back cover of that album was even better (until they were forced to change it).

I may be wrong but I think I actually had the version with this inner sleeve:

scorpions%20lovedrive%20germany%200844.jpg

BTW the cover is yet another work of Hypgnosis - the guys who changed a lot in the world of cover art. I once posted a documentary about them somewhere on AS.

hipgnosis covers unofficial site

This is something quite exceptional - it's a gag album cover issued in the early 1960's by Carlton Greetings. This cover was never issued with a record, it was intended to by given as a gag gift, possibly having inserted another album inside..

371959673192.jpg

Some more more or less 9_9 sexy vintage stuff.. (and some more male covers to avoid accusations of sexism, maybe even to increase the thread's WAF 9_9 and to signal again its colors-of-the-rainbow-friendliness of course :))

hot-albums5.jpg

hot-albums1.jpg

hot-albums6.jpg

hot-albums3.jpg

5-13.jpg?iv=141

Kevin Rowland's (Dexys Midnight Runners/Dexys) album of cover songs.

hot-albums12.jpg

As a straight man who knows practically nothing about the history of the gay liberation, I was really surprised by this one - some sources suggest its issue date was 1967 but some other ones - 1960 (!) :$

hero_thumb_nm3.jpg

Pretty funny IMHO..

Surprised no one added this, original UK Electric Ladyland cover (not chosen by Hendrix):

spacer.png

Here's the cover Hendrix wanted, and that also wasn't used, photo by Linda Eastman:

folder.jpg

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

3 hours ago, firedog said:

Surprised no one added this, original UK Electric Ladyland cover (not chosen by Hendrix):

spacer.png

It's actually been posted but only one half of the folding cover, so thanks.

Rammstein's single.

Rammstein Peru: Rammstein - Mann gegen Mann

Accompanying video.

A more conventional cover.

Sacred Spirit - Volume 2: Culture Clash (1997, CD) | Discogs

6 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

R-1455466-1248056020.jpeg.jpg

The other version.

R-14710954-1580103411-6321.jpeg.jpg

A great underrated Minneapolis band! Maybe our host was a fan. And the music in this song is wonderful....

(...but golden showers make me cringe, so I couldn't see the album cover's full allure. So I had a moment of despair. Please forgive me.)

Back on topic!

EODM630.thumb.jpg.556b6554638aac867e93fc390acda816.jpg