IGNORED

The Most Sexually Provocative Covers of All Time

Sex sells and is one of the best advertising tools, that's undisputable. The history of music albums covers is also the history of selling music using it. Which album covers come first to your mind when you think about it, guys?

I'll start with two - the classic of the genre (a couple of days ago in a local store I saw an LP cover which was a copy of the original version of Sticky Fingers cover which came with an actual functioning zipper)..

sticky.jpg

..and quite recent one which if I remember correctly has been discussed here on a couple of occasions :)

714zrAvAS5L._SL1200_.jpg

Let's have some fun :)

14 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

Took the bait 😉
I remember the most sex controversial cover in my youth had been the one of The Scorpions' - Virgin Killer LP
Here is the backside of it:
Album Scorpions Virgin Killer with original rare cover - Catawiki

pls excuse my hesistance/shyness to post the original cover ... you'll find it easily on big G

I thought about this one and didn't want to go anywhere near it!

2 minutes ago, clipper said:

I thought about this one and didn't want to go anywhere near it!

As a teenager it did not inspire me at all, I did not by the record, and neither did it afterwards.
However, it is the prototype of provocation on the subject in Germany, though it is a relict of history, unfortunately.

3F54291A-338A-43DD-A51F-70C9E276FB4F.jpeg.dd9072ec60aa40cabfc350d4b2cf35a2.jpeg

04112958-44F8-4FE2-85E9-57CFF85A1FA0.jpeg.953014ecaf98bf2f1c9461a75edeb685.jpeg

E855FF5E-9633-4E9E-8819-CC9DDE7919FF.jpeg.a3fdc0512224018a0fe44a0e516387b9.jpeg

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

20 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

As a teenager it did not inspire me at all, I did not by the record, and neither did it afterwards.
However, it is the prototype of provocation on the subject in Germany, though it is a relict of history, unfortunately.

Yep.  The Wikipedia entry for it is really interesting.

Too many to count here ….

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/darnall42/60s_and_70s_cover_version_and_tribute_albums_in_my_collection/

I actually own a copy of the one listed at 30, I must find it and give it a play one day.  (as I recall, it was rubbish)

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

1 hour ago, christopher3393 said:

91DvjhqoGNL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.874b79f2c55a1bb8bb806bbd2ad45e5a.jpg

Atom Heart Mother

Pink Floyd 

You've gone too far with cows (in general, not on this thread) :D

But since we are brothers in threads.. 9_9

aG957pw_460s.jpg

Now let's let the cows go back where they belong.. :)

Definitely not only the cover photo but the whole photo session and the album music content itself were an attempt to change DK's image most listeners got used to, some even got bored with. For me the main problem with this (not that bad) album was the impression that during the recording process she wasn't really herself but a 'glad rag doll' in the hands of a producer or someone else who had created the whole concept. 

Diana_Krall_-_Glad_Rag_Doll.jpg  DIANA+KRALL+PIANO.jpg 

diana_krall-glad_rag_doll-Interior_Frontal.jpg title.jpg

19 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

Definitely not only the cover photo but the whole photo session and the album music content itself were an attempt to change DK's image most listeners got used to, some even got bored with. For me the main problem with this (not that bad) album was the impression that during the recording process she wasn't really herself but a 'glad rag doll' in the hands of a producer or someone else who had created the whole concept. 

Diana_Krall_-_Glad_Rag_Doll.jpg  DIANA+KRALL+PIANO.jpg 

diana_krall-glad_rag_doll-Interior_Frontal.jpg title.jpg

Rumors are that she does not like these photos, and this entire aspect of the business, at all.

No electron left behind.

18 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Rumors are that she does not like these photos, and this entire aspect of the business, at all.

IMO just looking at her one can tell she's a woman with a strong personality. Not a good idea to try to make her a 'glad rag doll'.. It probably doesn't have a chance to work :)

8 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I actually disagree that the Melody Gardot cover is sexually suggestive. I don't think that is her intent at all.

I know, I know - her intent was - I will show myself as I really am (nakedness), the cover has nothing to do with sexuality 9_9 

Do you really think that if it had nothing to do with sexuality it would have been discussed here on AS 100 times already? B|