IGNORED

Subjective comparison of Software Music Player

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, One and a half said:

@yamamoto2002, this is a stop message that doesn't proceed further. The installer starts, then the message. I have full rights to the file, does the installer?

How to fix?

image.png.1d573d1e7bd91ffd9cb127f9f1c3a55a.png

I've received several bug report about this installer error message,  root cause is still unknown. I cannot reproduce the problem on my desk.

It seems Portable Zip version of PlayPcmWin works flawlessly on the computer where installer version of PlayPcmWin fails.

Sunday programmer since 1985

Developer of PlayPcmWin

On 12/31/2020 at 6:26 PM, manueljenkin said:

@yamamoto2002 setting the playpcmwin as default player for music, whenever I double click a song it opens a new playpcmwin window (or task) instead of overriding the existing one. Is there any way to change this behavior?

Thank you for your suggestion, I'll add this functionality on later versions.

When multiple PlayPcmWin instance plays music simultaneously with WASAPI shared mode, sound is mixed and I think it is great 😁

Developer of PlayPcmWin

• 1 year later...
On 1/6/2022 at 4:36 AM, AudioDoctor said:

I am ridiculously late to this party, but are you saying here that you think HQPlayer is zero padding rather than upsampling? There is a pretty big difference between those two, and the developer may take issue with that assertion.

No, the text is difficult to read but it is about the method of bit-depth expansion of sample value (such as 16bit to 24bit or 16bit to 32bit) and not about sample point interpolation of temporal direction. I'm not sure about further details. BUT Generally speaking, zero padding is often used in the first stage of software upsampling, before performing low pass filtering. Zero-order hold is also used but its frequency response is not flat and it needs extra HF roll-off compensation

zero-padding (periodic impulse train) upsampling → low pass filtering

or

zero-order hold upsampling → low pass filtering → high frequency roll-off compensation

Developer of PlayPcmWin