IGNORED

Subjective comparison of Software Music Player

4 minutes ago, manueljenkin said:

Unfortunately my experience there is limited. You can try jriver or roon as they are known to play very well with network audio. Or the same players in the list you can try if they work.

There are multiple linux distros other than wtfplay just for audio - daphile, Gentoo player etc.

Maybe the owner of Uptone Audio might have better suggestions. 

ty

Commercial/subscription players are anathema to me. I am adamant about this. Your post began with "most players are free" - and I was drawn in! I like fb2k partly for its simplicity. My listening environment matters. I do not want any third party to do my thinking for me, make any suggestions whatsoever - or remind me of commerce when I am listening to music. I want to experience music alone - offline. Call me old-fashioned. I shan't care.

DVS requires Windows. No Linux.

Appreciate your OP - and thank you for your reply - saves some mucking about 🙂

1 minute ago, manueljenkin said:

Can you try smallplayer? Or ulilith? Both of them are free.

Or you can do this, just go to the BASS audio library development page. You'll see links to maybe a hundred music players. Try the appealing ones and report back?

Many thanks

Have made a note.

First priority is sort out bad clusters on a new master Drive from which I have made backups. Only CMD chkdsk revealed the problem when copying failed. Sometimes I just hate IT.