IGNORED

Installing HQPlayer server on Euphony on a NUC and controlling with Roon

audiofool1982

Question

Being Unable to install windows on my NUC (using a MAC) I decided to turn to the Euphony OS Trial. I sucessfully installed Euphony on my NUC and also installed the HQ Player server. My Roon Server is running on my Antipodes EX. My DAC is connected to the Antipodes.

NUC -> Has Euphony and HQ Player server. Connected to my wifi (Uptone etherregen)

Antipodes Ex -> Has Roon server installed. Connected to DAC using USB (through an uptone isoregen)

I wanted to keep the HQ Player on the NUC because the NUC is more powerful. I put the IP address of the Euphony on the Roon HQ Player setup and its recognizing it. However no sound comes out of my speakers.

In the HQ Player config file on Euphony, how do I choose my sound output to the DAC? Or is it automatically chosen? any thoughts? Please note that the DAC is not directly connected to the NUC which has the HQ Player. 

image.thumb.png.8b00e72e5587a5c06179af934ec1efe8.png

image.thumb.png.5c610531eedc06f7050aa5655f0219ca.png

2 answers to this question

Did you resolve your problem?  I would have started by stripping out the parts that weren't absolutely essential and tried with Roon only. 

The issue with music streaming software and the many variations is that they just don't have the installed user base of something like Excel to supply the revenue they need to solve problems.  

Meaning that a lot of software will work but could have minor issues that are frustrating to resolve.  The solution is to make the hardware work first with a local signal, and then add a streaming or other service once the hardware proves out.  

Hope this helps.  

Euphony has Roon and HQplayer on it. The only thing you need from an outboard Roon set up is the control GUI. From within Euphony you choose to run Roon Server and HQPlayer. Then, from wtihin the control GUI in Roon you direct it to the Roon Server in Euphony.

I can't remember for sure, but I think for HQPlayer in Euphony you set it as LocalHost because HQPlayer is on the local machine. YOu would set an IP if HQPlayer was on a separate machine on the network.

If all you want on the NUC is HQPlayer, you don't need Euphony.

No electron left behind.