IGNORED

FS: SOtM tX-USBultra Special Edition with extras

For sale is a SOtM tX-USBultra, upgraded by SOtM Acoustic to special edition (it is fully loaded 12V model, and includes a 75-ohm master clock input, EVOX cap, and OCC silver DC cabling). The unit also includes clock tap points for a variety of clock frequencies (for using the high quality clock with other devices and PCs)

This the top of the heap when it comes to USB regeneration. I had two Uptone Audio ISOregen’s that I used to use in series, then I upgraded to a SOtM tX-USBultra. I was so blown away by what I heard that I immediately upgraded to the fully loaded special edition. This is a device that sound incredible out of the box, but scales beautifully as you give it better and better power (I ran it with a Paul Hynes SR4).

For sale is the unit only (you provide your own power supply), although if you’re looking to purchase a SR4 drop a note (I’m open to selling them as a bundle…perfect match between the tX-USBultra and the SR4).

Units is in great shape (see photos).

For reviews on the non upgraded model:

Having briefly owned the regular tX-USBultra before upgrading to the special edition, the upgrades have a huge positive impact on SQ (I was extremely happy with the upgrade).

Selling because I’ve upgraded my music server and now have an internal USB solution, and no longer have a use for this gem.

Retail price ~$1270. Asking $750, buyer pays shipping and PayPal fees.  CONUS only please.

Please see pictures.  PM with questions, happy to help however I can

Spring cleaning time, so see my other posts for an Uptone Audio EtherRegen and Acoustic Revive TB-38H vibration isolation platform (well matched to the Chord DAVE)

IMG_3754.thumb.jpg.92a181fc6338654e2ee6313563eb7e3c.jpgIMG_3755.thumb.jpg.b1eab2c538b1438e6fcf1601f694833f.jpg

IMG_3751.thumb.jpg.3d2af8db134d7915cac07aa60ff0caa1.jpgIMG_3750.thumb.jpg.42ebab39a4a1ecd90ca6fa9eab52f74c.jpg

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

Hi Ray,

i am interested to buy. I am based in Germany and have to add ca 25% due to import tax plus PayPal 5% plus shipment ( ca 50-100).. would the price be negotiable (fair, reasonable)?

i am specifically Interested as you mentioned your pre experience with isoregen ( which I also use). Which dac and electronics do you have? I use the Tube dac from nagra as well as the Hd pre amp. I switched from Linn Klimax to Melco n1 z and than to sotm sms200 ultra neo special edition.

i read the reviews previously and was wondering whether the comparison statement between isoregen and sotm tx ultra is reasonable: isoregen more flesh / beafiness but less soundstage, sotm tx more clarity, greater soundstage , more depth and details but more analytical and less emotional.

regards

olaf

My apologies Olaf, the unit has been sold (I prefer to sell within the US when I can, to avoid customs headaches)

To your question, I found the tX to have more smoothness and naturalness and detail and depth and subtlety than the ISOregen (which I loved).  The tX SE just took all that that much higher still.  I strongly prefer a more transparent and detailed presentation (sense of reality from being in the same space as the performers).  The tX gave me all that (and gave more with better power) and never felt analytical to me (neither did the ISOregen).  If anything, the tX SE with great power was smoother and more relaxed and had WAY more special presence than the IR (IR is no slouch...loved it in my chain)

I hope this is helpful to you...

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers