Jump to content

Recommended Posts

It seems without a pre pro and opting for the multichannel DAC/minidsp DIO-8 option renders me with JRSS as the only option of upmixing on the fly.

 

Has anyone got any experience with JRSS on Jriver? I know there really isn't any upmixing options on multichannel DAC's on the fly. How does the JRSS extract the centre channel? Is it any good? Is it satisfactory? Or is upmixers such as Dolby etc better?

 

And this one is a weird one if anyone can help, can I send full frequency range to say the front and right speakers(on a multichannel set up) and connect a electronic crossover in between the amp and subwoofer. I will use Audiolense convolution for bass management rather Jriver. This way I save on purchasing another DAC(for now). 

 

Regards

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trdat said:

And this one is a weird one if anyone can help, can I send full frequency range to say the front and right speakers(on a multichannel set up) and connect a electronic crossover in between the amp and subwoofer.

Certainly.  There is no enforced bass management in JRMC. 

OTOH, if you do this, you would be losing whatever is in the LFE signal source, so you might consider implementing a procedural filter to re-route the LFE to the FL/FR.

Kal Rubinson

Music in the Round

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kal Rubinson said:

Certainly.  There is no enforced bass management in JRMC. 

OTOH, if you do this, you would be losing whatever is in the LFE signal source, so you might consider implementing a procedural filter to re-route the LFE to the FL/FR.

 

Hey Karl, 

Although the above is a little above me, it seems there is a way to do it, so that is great. 

 

It seems I got a little catching up to do with JRiver know how....

 

If you could just send me a jriverwiki link on where this topic lies, I could try and untangle it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not know where or how this is dealt with on the jriverwiki although I acknowledge that the wiki is clumsy and often outdated.

 

Kal

Kal Rubinson

Music in the Round

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kal Rubinson said:

I do not know where or how this is dealt with on the jriverwiki although I acknowledge that the wiki is clumsy and often outdated.

 

I got enough to go on from its great to have a reference like this. Ill go on Jriver forum and go from there, thanks for your input. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...