IGNORED

Great results with Audiolense!

52 minutes ago, BadBruno1 said:

I'd like to  share my experiences in using Audiolense XO.   https://juicehifi.com

For a little context I'm trying to tune a tough room with two story ceiling, an odd floor plan shape and 5 sides are all glass. The system is comprised of passive crossover LSA 1 monitors, Raspberry Pie 3 with IAaudio DAC pro (Roon end point), Benchmark's DAC3 preamp and Polaris Amplifier.

I had been using REW and UMIK-1 to measure and design IIR filters with mediocre results.  I decided to migrate to FIR for improve performance, but with all the Industry software packages out there not easy. After much inspection and some demo time I purchased Audiolense XO, https://juicehifi.com.

After the typical PC I/O soundcard and UMIK-1 setup we were taking measurements. Within the first hour I was listening to new filters in Roon!  A Remarkable outcome, I made a sight change to the house curve and re-ran the software. Awesome, No desire to go back in and tweak it!! Very rewarding. Next, I'll be tuning my fully active 3-way open baffle 2.1 system with digital crossovers DEQX and then onto the theater. Last will be the all passive 2.0 JBL L250 Ti system.

I strongly recommend Audiolense XO its straight forward.  I'm sure there are more nuances Ill be learning in optimizing Audiolense. Bernt you did an outstanding job design the software! There’s No need to get another Graduate Degree to solve your acoustic problems

I’m so pleased! I would otherwise not post a review.

@mitchco from https://accuratesound.ca/ used Audiolense to create FIR filters for my room as well. This is really powerful stuff. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, Vassago said:

Is there no way to make Audiolense directly compatible to set up DEXQ Room Correction capabilities??

If I remember correctly, DEQX hardware has it's own software RC system, so it isn't compatible. Audiolense works from a computer you use with your system, DEQX doesn't use a computer as it has the computing and SW built into it's devices.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

5 hours ago, BadBruno1 said:

I wanted to use Audiolense generated filters inside DEQX 

Yeah, I understand that. I don't think you can. But I'm not an expert. You should ask DEQX. I could be wrong, or there may be a way to get them to work I don't know about. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 2 months later...

Thanks op for sharing your experience with audiolense XO.

i am definitely interested to give it a try but would like to know is it true that

Audiolense XO produces a single convolution file for all channels for a specific sampling frequency rate? If so can I create channel specific filter file say L and R channels for importing to hqplayer?

sorry for the silly question

Deric

15 minutes ago, BadBruno1 said:

Hi Deric 

yes Audiolense does that with one file! Hqplayer handles the Audiolense file and assigns It to the standard channels format.

i us Roon to apply the convolutions!!

your on the right track  

Thanks for your prompt response. Does it mean I can just import the single audiolense filter file to both left channel and right channel in hqplayer and hqplayer will somehow be able to assign the correct information to the channels? 

1 minute ago, dericchan1 said:

Excuse my silliness, what program do you use to split the stereo file into mono?

thanks

Deric

Not silly at all :~)

I use audacity. Open the WAV, cut one channel and paste it into a new Audacity window. Then export each one into a mono WAV, one for left and right. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

21 minutes ago, dericchan1 said:

Thanks everyone, may I also inquire about 

how to create PEQ filters within hqplayer? If I'm not using a IIR plug-in, then how is aPEQ filter created?  Is this in the matrix pipeline or elsewhere?

Thanks

Deric

Let’s ask the man himself, @Miska.