IGNORED

DAC/Streamer/Pre all-in-one recommendations

Hi there,

Hope everyone is sound and safe during this historic event.  I am looking for setting up a budget bedroom system that is compact and simple. Does anyone have recommendation for an all-in-one DAC/Streamer/Pre unit? I have an OPPO 103 which does have streaming capacity but the sound quality is not at audiophile level.  I have a pair of Meridian 605 mono amp and a pair of Proac tablette monitors. 

I am not up to date with current market, and I think Naim has Uniti, and NAD has something similar, but I haven't heard them in person. My budget is $2000 or less used or new.  Any suggestions anyone? 

7 hours ago, wr_aspire said:

Hi there,

Hope everyone is sound and safe during this historic event.  I am looking for setting up a budget bedroom system that is compact and simple. Does anyone have recommendation for an all-in-one DAC/Streamer/Pre unit? I have an OPPO 103 which does have streaming capacity but the sound quality is not at audiophile level.  I have a pair of Meridian 605 mono amp and a pair of Proac tablette monitors. 

I am not up to date with current market, and I think Naim has Uniti, and NAD has something similar, but I haven't heard them in person. My budget is $2000 or less used or new.  Any suggestions anyone? 

Under $1000: Cyrus CXN V2; Matrix Audio Element i; higher priced Mytek Brooklyn Bridge

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

19 hours ago, wr_aspire said:

Altair G1 is my short list :)  Anyone has compared it to MyTek Brooklyn Bridge? Seem the later is also in that price range.

FWIW: I had the Altair first gen and loved it. As I have a large library, the Lightning DS library management system was getting a little sluggish, so I added a NUC and a lifetime subscription to ROON instead. That in turn removed the need for some of the Altair's features and I replaced it with the excellent Vega G1 Network DAC. All this to say I like Auralic products. You will not find better bang for your buck than the Altair G1 (especially if you like the Lightning DS software, which is one of the best in the business, but if possible you should audition it along with the Mytek. Those are the only two in this price range that I am aware of and that are worth auditioning.