IGNORED

emm Labs DAC: adding either a Sonore Signature Rendu or Auralic Aries G2

On 5/11/2020 at 10:45 AM, Albrecht said:

I disagree that the Aries is equal in sound quality. IMO, - and it's somewhat clear from the mainboards, - that Aurilic uses off the shelf computer mainboards that as one knows, are significantly inferior. Aurilic has spent millions developing their software, to the detriment of not paying good attention to hardware: which is by far the most important part of any of this. ...

The Aurilic build quality IS questionable IMO...

Don't get me wrong--I am obviously a Sonore fan--but what you state is factually quite incorrect.  Auralic does not use any off-the-shelf computer designs in their products. And having examined some of their boards rather closely I can say that their engineers are more innovative than many of the other music server firms (I'll not name names).  Look closely at the Aries G2 for evidence.

318216056_AuralicAriesG2.thumb.jpg.4cde9d2f0bd008cf95d2c038de19ba4b.jpg

Interestingly, they are the close to the only streamer & DAC manufacturer to utilize the Silanna ICE08USB galvanic isolation chip (at USB output of Aries G2 and USB input of Vega G2). [Full disclosure, this is the chip we use at the input of our ISO REGEN; the Silanna admittedly can be a bit problematic, and the chip is now discontinued, though I know that Auralic has many thousands of them.]