nikolaos1969

ALLO product & RPi4

Hi, I am using a CXA 81 amp, https://cambridgeaudio.com/en/products/hi-fi/cx-series-2/cxa81

I have already a RPi4, 2GB and I want to playback DSD and FLAC files. The only restriction regarding my amp is that only USB can playback DSD 256 or DoP 256. Toslink and coax can play PCM. What ALLO product would you suggest me to purchase and how to connect them to CXA81 in order to play both DSD and FLAC.

10 hours ago, allo.com said:

USB can be used to play both FLAC and DSD

ok, but what about the electric noise of pi4. Is there a devise to eliminate it? Is it possible to playback at the same time DSD and FLAC via the connections at the same time, digi one signature via coax to amp and usb port of pi4 to amp.

You want to play in the same time FLAC and DSD ?

Thats not possible .

Please allow me to chime in,

Perhaps there is a language problem?

The op tried to find a streamer/player solution to his DAC which allows him, to play dsd via USB out and flac via coax out, but I've doubts he would want to do so simultaneously.

As allo offers a bundle of USBbrigde Sig and digione, one might think that it could solve his interest.pls take into account his fear for FLAC from electrical noise over USB, which he wants to address specifically with the Digi one solution.

Best, Tom

Ok USB can output both flac and DSD and coaxial as well(but at lower sample rate)

Like DuckToller says , USbridge Sig + Digione Sig will allow you to use both coaxial and USB (one at the time , USB output or coaxial has to be chosen in the software)

USBridge sig was designed not to have noise on USB and Digione Sig was designed not to have jitter (since on coaxial clock is sent to DAC from the spdif stream)

6 minutes ago, allo.com said:

Ok USB can output both flac and DSD and coaxial as well(but at lower sample rate)

Like DuckToller says , USbridge Sig + Digione Sig will allow you to use both coaxial and USB (one at the time , USB output or coaxial has to be chosen in the software)

USBridge sig was designed not to have noise on USB and Digione Sig was designed not to have jitter (since on coaxial clock is sent to DAC from the spdif stream)

So, purchasing https://allo.com/sparky/usbridge-signature-player.html

I will play both FLAC and DSD (up to 512)

Yes USbridge will output (USB) to your DAC up to PCM 32/384/DSD 512.

Regarding NSA etc...this is done in software. Please check Moode , Volumio . PcP and many other OS on how to do that.

On 4/23/2020 at 11:14 AM, allo.com said:

Yes USbridge will output (USB) to your DAC up to PCM 32/384/DSD 512.

Regarding NSA etc...this is done in software. Please check Moode , Volumio . PcP and many other OS on how to do that.

I have already installed volumio on rpi4 via sd card. Can I use the same sd card on USbridge? Will I have to buy a wifi dongle in order to playback from laptop or bubble UPnP ?

1 hour ago, nikolaos1969 said:

I have already installed volumio on rpi4 via sd card. Can I use the same sd card on USbridge? Will I have to buy a wifi dongle in order to playback from laptop or bubble UPnP ?

WiFi first,

If you have wifi connection from laptop/mobile phone via your router, which is connected with Ethernet to the Pi/Allo, No!

Image,

I'd go with the latest image provided by Allo for volumio, because if you run into problems, Allo will ask at first if you have used that. And it is just a quarter hour to download and burn the image.

On 4/20/2020 at 2:49 PM, nikolaos1969 said:

Hi, I am using a CXA 81 amp, https://cambridgeaudio.com/en/products/hi-fi/cx-series-2/cxa81

I have already a RPi4, 2GB and I want to playback DSD and FLAC files. The only restriction regarding my amp is that only USB can playback DSD 256 or DoP 256. Toslink and coax can play PCM. What ALLO product would you suggest me to purchase and how to connect them to CXA81 in order to play both DSD and FLAC.

I have the ALLO Piano 2.1 Player and play all my files (32-384 WAV, DoP, FLAC, etc.) from a USB SSD plugged into the USB3 port on the Sparky (RPi). I also can play files from the network over the ethernet cable and stream from TIDAL, Internet radio and more on Volumio OS. I output it all via analog RCAs to my preamp then amp. I don't know if the DIGI One or USBridge is really what you are after. If I were you I would be looking at the Piano 2.1 or the Katana Player. My Volt+ D is on its way and I'm wondering now if I should upgrade to the Katana Player. I rip all my CDs then drop them into Audicity and publish them as 32-384 WAVs and it makes the soundstage a lot bigger and more detail.