IGNORED

Art Dudley RIP

1 hour ago, daverich4 said:

This is too bad, I was a subscriber to Listener and really looked forward to his monthly column in Stereophile. 

https://www.stereophile.com/content/art-dudley-rest-peace?fbclid=IwAR002LAEboXhXzBHKWmrQpvIQBRsn53qTaM1CfeZ7zLFqZ7uFWsBP-Gjb4M

If there is any justice on this site, Chris will delete your comment and move Joe's post to mine in the proper spot.

1 hour ago, daverich4 said:

This is too bad, I was a subscriber to Listener and really looked forward to his monthly column in Stereophile. 

https://www.stereophile.com/content/art-dudley-rest-peace?fbclid=IwAR002LAEboXhXzBHKWmrQpvIQBRsn53qTaM1CfeZ7zLFqZ7uFWsBP-Gjb4M

The first thing that I turned to in each new issue of Stereophile was Dudley’s “column”. He wrote stuff that was INTERESTING. You know, like restoring turntables, giving new life to old field-coil speakers, etc. I will really miss him. And he was Stereophile’s best writer.

George

35 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

And he was Stereophile’s best writer.

I agree. I thought his taste in musical reproduction was odd but his writing was very entertaining and honest. I was bummed that he didn’t become Editor when JA stepped down. 

Sorry to hear this news. Blessings and mercy upon his family.

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

I was always a fan of Art Dudley and considered him Stereophile's best asset. And wouldn't you know, just today - before learning of Art Dudley's passing - I was trading emails with someone who said he had stopped reading Stereophile five years ago. I was going to write back but didn't get around to it - You have your reasons for that, but what about Art Dudley? Surely his work makes Stereophile worth your time? (I had just completed reading what, as it turns out, was Mr. Dudley's last column for Stereophile). I am sure Art Dudley would have something funny, apposite and definitely worth reading to remark on that story, were he here. Which, sadly, he is no longer.