IGNORED

Installing HAF filters on Roon

Apologies for this basic question...especially as I know most of you figured this out with no problem.

I've been wading through the process of using HAF convolution filters for room correction.  Thierry, is a wonderful, friendly and patient person and i'm so excited to be almost through the process of integrating his filters.  Many people have reported how good they are and the test files he sent me were impressive.  I'm at the last hurdle.  It's been quite a journey...

I'm stuck (again).  Thierry sent me zip folders with a bunch of wav and cfg files.  The Roon instructions couldn't be more simple.  Simply browse the folder and upload it.

Except it doesn't work quite like that.  There are gaps in the information.  

• Where do you store the zips he sends?
  • Do you use the wav or cfg files
  • Roon won't let you open multiple files...what do you do?

The process is unbelievably vague and frustrating - at least it is for someone with my non-geeky aptitude.  I'd really appreciate some help and CLEAR guidelines, if anyone can help?

Thank you,

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> AQCinnamon --> microRendu 1.4 / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

13 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

Apologies for this basic question...especially as I know most of you figured this out with no problem.

I've been wading through the process of using HAF convolution filters for room correction.  Thierry, is a wonderful, friendly and patient person and i'm so excited to be almost through the process of integrating his filters.  Many people have reported how good they are and the test files he sent me were impressive.  I'm at the last hurdle.  It's been quite a journey...

I'm stuck (again).  Thierry sent me zip folders with a bunch of wav and cfg files.  The Roon instructions couldn't be more simple.  Simply browse the folder and upload it.

Except it doesn't work quite like that.  There are gaps in the information.  

• Where do you store the zips he sends?
  • Do you use the wav or cfg files
  • Roon won't let you open multiple files...what do you do?

The process is unbelievably vague and frustrating - at least it is for someone with my non-geeky aptitude.  I'd really appreciate some help and CLEAR guidelines, if anyone can help?

Thank you,

Perhaps this Roon DSP engine convolution link will be useful.

1 hour ago, fresponse said:

I think the issue is solved, @OldBigEars had wrongly extracted the zip files whereas it is just needed to download them and select one of them in the DSP engine.

That's correct - thank you fresponse. I just needed to re-save the files in a new zip and it worked.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> AQCinnamon --> microRendu 1.4 / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

Glad you figured it out. It took me a while too.

BTW, what is HAF? I use Acourate.

Roon Server: Gigabyte GA-Z170X UD5, i5 6600, Crucial MX200 SSD, HyperX 1x16GB RAM, Seasonic 520W 80+ PSU, 3 HDD for media, Zalman Z3 Plus case, Win 10 Pro, convolving in Roon digital xo + DRC + upsampling. Output through ethernet.

Roon Client AudioPC: Intel S1200KPR, Xeon E3 1265lv2, Crucial V4 SSD for OS, 8GB ECC RAM, PPA USB card v2, wide range picoPSU, PPA SATA cable for SSD, Streacom FC8 Evo case, lab linear PSU for picoPSU, Windows Server 2012 R2, AudioPhil's Optimizer, Acourate (digital crossovers, room correction )

Rest of Chain:

Uptone ISO Regen (with LPS 1.2) into Lynx Hilo as 6-channel DAC, McIntosh MC275 MkIV for mids & treble, Hypex UcD400HG for midbass into B&W 804S, 2 DIY 12" Rythmik subs, Equi=Core 1800 balanced power, dedicated power lines, room treatments

https://www.homeaudiofidelity.com

Now that I've installed it, I'll just reiterate the universally great reviews these HAF convolution filters have received.

My speakers, in my new home with a fairly small basement setup, were booming badly.  Firstly Thierry picked up (through my test files) that my tweeters were shot.  Incredible that I hadn't even noticed that but he jumped on it immediately.  

After fixing the tweeters and installing the HAF filters...wow, a completely different, and hugely improved sound quality.  Not to confuse the combined effect of these improvements - the new tweeters made a hell of a difference but the SQ balance was still fundamentally off.  A week later, I installed the HAF filters and now....as they say....we're cooking on gas.