IGNORED

Music and Audio: A User Guide To Better Sound Book + Demo/Test Disc Mark Waldrep

I bought this book along with the demo Bluray disc from the author's online website where he sells the book and disc together for $80. Having read it and played the disc, I would like to sell it to anyone who wants it. I have it up on eBay now with a starting bid of $10 (Bluray included) or Buy It Now price of $20. So if you're interested you can bid or buy it there. Here is the link.

My honest appraisal of the book is that the author knows his stuff and has the knowledge to write a textbook like this. He is highly opinionated and spends a lot of words debunking things like MQA, boutique cables, and hi-res files created from old analog master sources. The disc has some useful demos and test tracks. What bugged me is that the book is so full of typos and grammatical errors it's frustrating to read. The information is sound, the design and quality of the physical book is professional. Why he didn't bother to hire a professional editor or at least a couple proofreaders baffles me. There is still a lot of valuable info contained in the book, which you can read about at the author's site, linked in the first line of my post.

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel