IGNORED

USB CARD XE - Xtreme edition USB Audio output with ground-breaking performance

I recently built a new server based on a Gigabyte Aorus Master B550.  This mobo has 3 pcie slots, 1 x16 which goes directly to the CPU and 2 other that runs via the B550 chipset.  From a theoretical approach I figured the Jcat usb XE had to be plugged into the pcie x16.  However, the server would not boot with the card in this slot, so I was forced to choose a different slot.  After trying all the settings in BIOS (thanks for the help @Marcin_gps) I finally decided to update the BIOS.  And that worked, the x16 slot accepts the XE card now! And things changed...

What I hear now is hard to describe.  It's all so realistic, more micro dynamics, stereo image wider, deeper and higher.  And all those details, wow! There are people on this forum who have a much greater talent for describing sound quality so I'll leave it at that.  But if you have this mobo or something similar, try the usb card in this slot!  I never expected it to make such a big difference. 

On 10/1/2020 at 8:00 PM, Vlaag said:

And that without having a linear power supply, still awaiting the duo3.

You might want to wait for the ATX power supply that Jcat has in development. I have no experience with their power supplies, but if it is just as good as the other components that Jcat supplies, I am confident it can compete with the best in the market

7 hours ago, Pablooo said:

You might want to wait for the ATX power supply that Jcat has in development.

Yes I will get the new power supply, but Marcin said in another post that for low voltages the (like usb+net card) the duo still performs better for that purpose.

2 hours ago, Vlaag said:

Marcin said in another post that for low voltages the (like usb+net card) the duo still performs better for that purpose.

I would find that a bit of a strange proposition.  The ATX power supply will have a separate circuit for the 5v lines.  In order not to make them obsolete from the beginning, they should have at least the same quality as the Optimo 3 in my opinion. I realize I am off topic here and will ask my questions in the appropriate thread.  To be continued 🙂

2 hours ago, m.i.c.k.e.y said:

Shuttle has just posted a new slim barebone perfect for this card: Shuttle XH410G

Link: Specsheet

spacer.png

spacer.png

Pretty tasty... DC input is also good.  Low profile fan is also not a deal breaker.  But where's the 2nd slot for Net XE :-)  I think HDPlex are the only ones that offer this.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys, 

There is a slight delay with 3rd batch of USB Card XE.  We expected the cards by the end of October, but the delivery will be in November. We don't have a definitive date yet. I will keep you updated

On another note: next week we will announce some new exciting products  :)

Stay safe! 

Best regards,

Marcin Ostapowicz

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 2 weeks later...

I've had three Uptones fail powering the older Jplay Femto USB card

I reluctantly gave up on them, the sound was terrific.

I have also used a AMB Sigma11 that was built for me, an HDplex and a JCAT Duo.

The Uptone was way preferable to the first two, but I didn't have a working Uptone to compare with the Duo.

Source: Diskless fanless PC Win Server12, fed from HDPlex linear supply and 19v pico

All SSDs on JCat battery supplies - Roon+HQPlayer - JCat USB - Lampi Big 7

Amps: Merill Audio Veritas

Speakers: Trenner and Friedel RA

Cables : Kubula-Sosna Elation I/C and speaker

6 hours ago, kaka said:

I've had three Uptones fail powering the older Jplay Femto USB card

I reluctantly gave up on them, the sound was terrific.

I have also used a AMB Sigma11 that was built for me, an HDplex and a JCAT Duo.

The Uptone was way preferable to the first two, but I didn't have a working Uptone to compare with the Duo.

Thanks, that confirms it isn't just my Uptone and XE. I figured as much. The Paul Hynes supply has been working perfectly and the sound is excellent. No issues yet and hopefully never. These cards need good current.