IGNORED

Cowboy Junkies Release Ghosts (Audiophile?)

49 minutes ago, skipspence said:

Only found in my native Tidal app (Android), though release date is 30.March... What's wrong with Roon?

Thanks Chris!

Nothing "wrong" with Roon and no big mystery here: Roon doesn't update the streaming service database on a constant basis. So it can take a few days once it is streaming before it shows up in Roon. And if, for whatever reason, the album isn't in the last database dump from Tidal to Roon, it won't show up in Roon until it is. Unless you're lucky with the timing, new releases will always be delayed a bit before they show up in Roon. 

Aside: the album still isn't listed at Qobuz US. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

9 minutes ago, firedog said:

Nothing "wrong" with Roon and no big mystery here: Roon doesn't update the streaming service database on a constant basis. So it can take a few days once it is streaming before it shows up in Roon. And if, for whatever reason, the album isn't in the last database dump from Tidal to Roon, it won't show up in Roon until it is. Unless you're lucky with the timing, new releases will always be delayed a bit before they show up in Roon. 

Aside: the album still isn't listed at Qobuz US. 

Technically Roon is working as it’s said to work. Still “wrong” in many people’s minds. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I find it very sad, and also very difficult to imagine, in a business sense, that their intention was to release this ONLY on vinyl, with no cd availability. Since, at the moment, at least, there appears to be no hi-rez release, they have lost out on the cd I would have purchased to support them. 

I realize that streaming is already the future, and I make great use of Tidal, and hopefully Qobuz, eventually,assuming they and Roon Labs can ever work out the issue I've had for months now. But cd's still sell, and at many, many times the rate of vinyl. Releasing vinyl only, on a new release, is simply accepting that the artist will get only the tiniest fraction that streaming companies give them, and the also almost insignificant amount of sales that vinyl truly generates to old school vinyl collectors and the misguided millennial's and their hip $250.00 all in one record destroyers. Not to mention that generation are certainly not very likely to be buying anything from the Cowboy Junkies! 

JC

7 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Look what showed up in Roon today...

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 6.46.01 PM.png

I still can't see it. Wonder what's going on?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 2 weeks later...

Found it on TIDAL from my iPad on desktop app but not on Qobuz—but this happens frequently with Qobuz different offerings depending on if I use the desktop app either from my Mac mini or iPad and always very different on ROON wonder why? Will check from my Mac mini on TIDAL Qobuz ROON and A+3.5 later today-am actually going to play golf this morning  NY has opened the golf courses!

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

You guys, I have checked in Roon, in A+, and in the Qobuz app, I don't see Ghosts in Qobuz anywhere. I have it in Tidal though. @TubeLover Are you SURE its in Qobuz?

My apologies. I had added five straight albums to my library while in Qobuz, on Roon, this was the sixth, and I missed that it was a Tidal option only. I don't feel that Roon should actually show Tidal options, when you have specifically selected Qobuz. 

JC

• 2 weeks later...