IGNORED

Audiophile fuses

11 minutes ago, CG said:

As for me, I always find it uncomfortable to dismiss other people's observations in anything without examination.  That may be my problem and mine alone.  

As said, you are not alone.

11 minutes ago, CG said:

Everybody else is allowed to hold onto their own dogma - that's mine.  I'll explore this on my own.

I would recommend we all be less doctrinaire.

11 minutes ago, CG said:

So, I'll leave it, and this sub-forum, at that.

Please don't. You would be playing straight into the hands of the troll who started this thread and for the specific reason to incite belittling remarks about subjectivists. Chris removed a lot already.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

2 hours ago, pkane2001 said:

@sandyk your Disagree votes are like a badge of honor: I love receiving them! Keep it up. 

Stay safe and disagreeable, my friend ✌️

This thread is clearly Click bait started by an A.S.R member , given that the OP initially asked this  Audiophile Fuses question here:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/silent-angel-bonn-n8-audio-grade-ethernet-switch.12360/page-5

So why as an A.S.R. member, didn't you or other A.S.R members provide Objective  replies in the ASR forum where measurements are all that matters, and that you love to keep quoting from, instead of demanding Objective proof   here ?  

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 minute ago, sandyk said:

This thread is clearly Click bait started by an A.S.R member , given that the OP originally asked this  Audiophile Fuses question here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/silent-angel-bonn-n8-a  

So why as an A.S.R. member, didn't you or other A.S.R members provide Objective  replies in the ASR forum where measurements are all that matters, and that you love to keep quoting from, instead of here ?  

Not sure what you're talking about, Alex. Who asked audiophile fuse question and where? Your link is to an ethernet switch review on ASR and has nothing to do with fuses, as far as I can tell. And no, I don't read every post here or on ASR, so forgive me if I don't answer them all.

9 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Not sure what you're talking about, Alex. Who asked audiophile fuse question and where? Your link is to an ethernet switch review on ASR and has nothing to do with fuses, as far as I can tell. And no, I don't read every post here or on ASR, so forgive me if I don't answer them all.

Seraph  asked this same question in #83 of that thread. Yet there are no replies there.

Friday at 4:00 PM
soekris said:
Hi Amir: Next of things to test, Those Audiophile Rated Fuses.... Or maybe those exotic Power Cables. All being promoted while ignoring the effects of the cabling from the Wall Outlet all the way back to the Power Station....

Audiophile rated fuses? Surely there is no such thing? Please share a link.

Audiofools Inc.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

7 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Ok... I can't speak as to why others didn't answer there, but I can tell you why I didn't: I didn't see or read that post. Is that a good enough reason? 😃

The OP is demanding Objective proof in this thread , when it can't even be provided by the Measurements fanatics in A.S.R without an indepth investigation as suggested by Soekris,  yet you expect this Objective proof to be given here by A.S. members who aren't in the main "Measurements are all that matters"  fanatics like yourself .

1 minute ago, sandyk said:

The OP is demanding Objective proof in this thread , when it can't even be provided by the Measurements fanatics in A.S.R without an indepth investigation as suggested by Soekris,  yet you expect this Objective proof to be given here by A.S. members who aren't in the main Measurements are all that matters fanatics.

Alex, you just can't help but to try to pick a fight. Show me where I asked for proof of anything in this thread please. I think I'll just leave you on my ignore list for a while longer.

35 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Alex, you just can't help but to try to pick a fight. Show me where I asked for proof of anything in this thread please. I think I'll just leave you on my ignore list for a while longer.

#27 was provocative and not needed, and it wasn't the first time either.

11 minutes ago, alfe said:

This space was supposed to be protected from your rant Alex, ambient temperatures affect a fuse’s opening and current carrying characteristics so please cool down.

Fine .  I will abstain from further posting in this ASR inspired thread, and yes, I am well aware that  ambient temperatures affect a fuse’s opening and current carrying characteristics

5 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Fine .  I will abstain from further posting in this ASR inspired thread, and yes, I am well aware that  ambient temperatures affect a fuse’s opening and current carrying characteristics

Thank you my friend.

14 hours ago, pkane2001 said:

Consider what a typical power supply goes through after the fuse, and you'll realize that there's a whole lot that's being done to this sine-wave that distorts it in ways that are a thousand times worse than anything an asymmetric fuse weld could possibly do. Just look at what the a full-wave rectifier does to our nice looking AC sine wave. This is extremely distorted with tons of harmonics, DC, etc:

image.png.bd7f7d3ff69abf2ae80f92fbe99734f8.png

And once we apply some filters to smooth this out, we get this (does this look clean?)

image.png.1f07bb93cb3de4bbdf062565502ba977.png

And yet, when we are finally finished, we get a clean looking DC  at the output of the power supply -- very close to a straight line. Do you really think that a tiny asymmetry in the fuse will cause enough of a distortion to make it through to the sensitive electronics while all of these other major aberrations are easily removed?

great - something informative!

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers.