IGNORED

Innuos Zenith SE Fuse Upgrade

I went with a slightly-oversized 2.5 amp Synergistic Blue fuse for my Zenith Mk2 Std.  For sure it was a worthwhile upgrade that justified the price.  I’m sorry to say though that I’m drawing a blank as to exactly what improvements I heard.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

I don't have a Zenith server, but based on my own SR Blue to Orange upgrade (on a 3-rail PH SR7 supplying NUC server, M-Scaler and ISORegen), plus the comments of others whose opinions I value, then best to go straight to the Orange. It is better than Blue across the board for only an incremental extra cost. I was particularly impressed that the extra detail/clarity came with a more natural/organic presentation. Great when both these characteristics happen simultaneously.

For me. a fuse upgrade is much like a power cord or power supply upgrade. If you know how those can sound, then you'll know what to expect.

• 3 months later...
On 4/2/2020 at 8:02 PM, ALLDIGITAL said:

HI All: I am thinking of upgrading the fuses in my Innuos Zenith SE. i am considering the Synergistic Orange fuses. Has anyone had experience with this fuse or others with this server? Please describe the results you experienced. Thanks all.

Dud you upgrade your fuse to the Synergistic orange? 

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos PhoenixNet Switch>Muon Pro ethernet cable>Muon Pro>Grimm Mu2>AudioQuest Dragon XLR>NAD M23> Falcon 2024 Limited Edition LS35a & REL T7Xi sub. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite SX powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner W/Ground Master City.

I have yet to compare a Blue to an Orange, but the Orange are very special.  I agree wholeheartedly with what @TheAttorneywrote above - especially his remark about “more natural/organic presentation“.  Absolutely what I heard from all three of the Orange fuses I purchased.

There’s a Blue fuse in my Zenith Mk3 as I purchased that fuse prior to the Orange being available.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256