IGNORED

Off Topic | Just for Laughs

4 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

I'm not a traditionalist nor I am particularly shy with women yet I wouldn't be able to say to a woman e.g. 'You know, I have some deficits in this field nowadays, if you have them too maybe we could meet on a regular basis till this goddamn corona thing is over' x-D

Maybe I'm just too old fashioned for the Netherlands..

Well you just have to ask while wearing that mask you told us about.

funny-cow-tongue-cloth-face-mask.thumb.jpg.55229f17e10689cdfdff55c2d0e20921.jpg

I'm sure she'll agree then! :P

12 hours ago, sandyk said:

A Bad Day at the Office .

This clip made me actually think of rats fleeing a sinking ship :)

Was glad to see the assisting guy taking off his clothes, clearly going to help one of the guys in the water, maybe we, the human beings aren't that bad after all. 

A rat for example would do the same.. 9_9

The Washington post:

"We’ve all heard how rats will abandon a sinking ship. But will they attempt to save their companions in the process? A new study shows that rats will, indeed, rescue their distressed pals from the drink — even when they’re offered chocolate instead. They’re also more likely to help when they’ve had a dunking of their own, adding to evidence that the rodents feel empathy.

Previous studies have shown that rats will lend distressed companions a helping paw, says Peggy Mason, a neurobiologist at the University of Chicago who was not involved in the work.

In a 2011 study, for example, Mason and colleagues showed that if a rat is trapped in a narrow plastic tube, its unrestrained cagemate will work on the latch until it figures out how to spring the trap. Skeptics, however, have suggested that the rodents help because they crave companionship, not because their fellow rodents were suffering."

As a guy who knows a thing or two about rats and who has a strange sympathy for these intelligent, outcast animals I'd be skeptical about the suggestion that the reason for this behavior is craving for companionship, not that they don't like it :)

"The study: Ben Vermaercke and his colleagues at KU Leuven gave two cognitive-learning tasks to lab rats and students. With both tasks, the subjects were trained to distinguish between “good” and “bad” patterns and then tested on their ability to apply that know-how to new types of patterns. In the first task, the patterns varied on only one dimension—either orientation or spacing—and rats and humans performed it equally well. In the second, the patterns varied on both dimensions, and the rats did better than the humans. A more complex brain isn’t always a better one. In information integration tasks, rats applied what they learned more quickly."

Rats Can Be Smarter Than People

And just like us they know that protein is the basis of a healthy diet..9_9

On 5/6/2020 at 1:03 PM, sphinxsix said:

An update - their kid isn't called X Æ A-12 anymore, they've changed its name to 

.. X Æ A-Xii. 

“Roman numerals. Looks better tbh,” Grimes wrote on Instagram.

Elon Musk and Grimes change baby's name

Musk credited his partner for the creative leap:

“First of all, my partner is the one that, actually, mostly, came up with the name,” he said. “Yeah, she’s great at names.” 

I wholeheartedly agree with him, she really is. Maybe X Æ A-Xii isn't as easy to memorize as R2-D2 but nevertheless it's a great name x-D 

What do you think guys.?

Ps. Sh..t I just realized that 'sphinx VI' would be a much cooler nick...:/

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote this master-piece (or so do I call it) some time ago. I was a cable skeptic back then.

Seeing people talk about cables making a yuuuuuuuge difference I think I've found my next venture.

Make 24carat gold cables. Also design air conditioners and purifiers that increase conductivity around the wire... They'll have elements that'll grab and push electrons falling out of the cables back into right path.

Terminations are presicely aligned graphite that allow wonderful conduction in one direction only. So yeah none of the garbage backward electrons that rebound out back of headphone won't enter your amp.

The first thing you'll notice is that the lower mids get way cleaner for more powerful midbass moans (I know that's the first thing you'll notice 😏).

Warning: don't touch the cable, you might be shocked 

Same will be the case when you look at the price. (Starting price: only 1,99,999 $/cm of wire)

I bought an aftermarket cable for my headphone, because the stock one was too long. I went back to check their marketing page. Turns out they are "quad-core ", "OCC silver plated twisted pair" whatever that may mean. Too bad its not octa core, not sure about the number of threads or the architecture either. I wanted a short cable, got a short cable - end of story. Unfortunately they are not oil soaked. Hence I can't hear any difference (oil makes a big difference you know). Costed 45ish dollars. I'd pay 100$ for a cable if it has nice artwork (pink and blue maybe), just like I'd pay extra money happily if a shirt had better design and was comfortable😋. Or can soaking these cable in some snake oil make them better?