IGNORED

Off Topic | Just for Laughs

9 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

@Confused I hope everyone here has already realized my sense of humor is kind of risky/'on the edge' every now and then :)  Actually it quite often is probably not even funny, I think many would agree..

Well, we both follow @christopher3393's Cow Music thread, that must tell you something....

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

4 hours ago, Confused said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of dressing up on a Saturday night ….

As much as I enjoy many of the different kinds of (British) humor in this thread, I need to admit, that some very British ways of spending the Saturday evening are quite distasteful  ... and more seriously, I might prefer that search algorithms have no association made of this forum and uniforms with nazi symbols plus AH lookalikes.
jm2c - ymmv

1 hour ago, DuckToller said:

I might prefer that search algorithms have no association made of this forum and uniforms with nazi symbols plus AH lookalikes.

C'mon, AH figure is a part of pop culture since at least 1940:

His images used to appear in WWII (also satire) brochures and are present on Wikipedia and everywhere.

Let's relax a little, creating additional tensions isn't the aim of this thread, I believe :)

1 hour ago, DuckToller said:

As much as I enjoy many of the different kinds of (British) humor in this thread, I need to admit, that some very British ways of spending the Saturday evening are quite distasteful  ... and more seriously, I might prefer that search algorithms have no association made of this forum and uniforms with nazi symbols plus AH lookalikes.
jm2c - ymmv

Understood.  I can see this might be offensive or distasteful to some, including some British people to be fair.  For this reason I suggest that @The Computer Audiophile deletes the offending posts.  I am absolutely fine with this, I have no desire to offend anyone, quite the opposite in fact. 

With respect to the British "dressing up" on a Saturday night, I think in reality this is a rarity these days, most of us are watching box-sets or Netflix like most of the Western world, you just can't get the costumes during lockdown.  🙂

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

9 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

C'mon, AH figure is a part of pop culture since at least 1940:

His images used to appear in WWII (also satire) brochures and are present on Wikipedia and everywhere.

Let's relax a little, creating additional tensions isn't the aim of this thread, I believe :)

Context seems to be important 

32 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

Laughed out things tend to get less frightening and more harmless. 

C'mon no-one propagated nazi ideas here, if someone did I would have been the very first one to report it, and not necessarily to Chris..

Edit: as for the Saturday 'dressing up games' it's actually the first time I hear of them..

44 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

Yes, indeed, my friend. Also cultural diversity and taste.

There is also an American tradition of this kind of humor. For example, the performance of the song "Springtime for Hitler" in Mel Brooks'  The Producers:

Forgive me, but I had thought there was a long tradition of French Hitler humor as well. I'm thinking of De Rire and Charlie Hebdo in particular.

A quick Google yields numerous cartoon images:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS777US777&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=french+hitler+humor&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjbwMHA25LpAhXldc0KHZtPAo0QsAR6BAgJEAE&biw=1920&bih=1008#imgrc=_BabHRUvvgbNIM  (right side especially)

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS777US777&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=charlie+hebdo+hitler&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjp89-G2pLpAhUaXc0KHXiZAOsQsAR6BAgKEAE&biw=1920&bih=1008#imgrc=PR5-crbyUI-kEM

I am a little perplexed but have no wish to offend you and do not want to argue. Feel free to have this post removed as well.

18 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

Forgive me, but I had thought there was a long tradition of French Hitler humor as well. I'm thinking of De Rire and Charlie Hebdo in particular.

Please forgive me for being German by nature and "only" having residence in France and a French family ... I do appreciate a lot the humor tradition on Nazis and Faschists. from Chaplin, De Funes to Jojo Rabbit, though context is king. 

@sphinxsix to get more info on that subject just google "Harry the Nazi"

Maybe we could get back to the thread topic now.. Just For Laughs?

Caution, rough language and politics:

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

27 minutes ago, audiobomber said:

LOL! I take it neither came first?

I was just trying to move the topic off the British love of dressing up.....

All right, after we have heard some of  the truth, even about the marathon discussion regarding hen and egg ;-), here is something which I found somehow disturbing but absurdly funny.

Today, I've read the reasoning for a verdict from December 2019 against a former German Army soldier, SEK (Special Deployment Commando or SWAT) member and "prepper" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivalism).

He was in possession of an UZI machine pistol (weapon of war), which was stolen during his service at his army base. To be prepped, he had some grenades and other explosives, some illicit weapons and some cozy 55,000 rounds of ammunition, laying around freely accessible in his car and in his own house.  He was also active and connected in various chats with right-wing extremist background.

He got a lenient sentence on probation, which is no longer a rarity in Germany. However, the reason for the mild sentence almost made me fall off my chair laughing. It reads like pure Monty Python script:

" (serious voice) The appropriate consideration, taking into account in particular of the foregoing leads, with further consideration of the following, against the assumption of a particularly serious case of circumstances not leading to the presumption of the same:

(increasingly excited voice): The accused has not been exposed to an excessive, so to speak, unbelievable amount of what he considers illegal weapons, ammunition and irritant / explosive devices (unauthorized). This is also clearly by the testimony of the witness H., who stated that he had already worked with other persons who (still) owned or would have owned more than the defendant.
Finally, the defendant did not possess any particularly heavy weapons of war such as guided missiles, battle tanks or warships or any other (significantly) heavier weapons, all of which are also listed in the list of weapons of war, than the submachine gun Uzi". Original in German: here

THAT made my day, German judges for stand-up comedy. Humor is so important these days

1 hour ago, Confused said:

I was watching the London Marathon last year.  One runner was dressed as a chicken, another runner was dressed as an egg.

I thought this should be interesting ....

1 hour ago, audiobomber said:

LOL! I take it neither came first?

Charity runners to settle chicken and egg dispute at London Marathon (2008)

The craziest London Marathon costumes :

On my second year as a chicken I was joined by my friend Abdul, dressed as an egg. He finished way ahead of me, so the egg came first!

At least this time.