IGNORED

Off Topic | Just for Laughs

My favourite of the old-time comedians:

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

image047.jpeg

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

image010.jpeg

image036.jpeg

(With sincere apologies to my friends from Oz.)

The Wellington Zoo in New Zealand had acquired a female of a very rare species of gorilla. Within weeks, the gorilla became very cantankerous and difficult to handle. Upon examination, the zoo veterinarian determined the problem to be that the gorilla was in heat. To make matters worse, there were no male gorillas of the species available.

While reflecting on the problem, zoo management noticed Rick, a big Aussie lad who was responsible for fixing the zoo's machinery, was standing nearby. Rick seemed to be possessed with ample ability to satisfy a female of any species. So, they thought that they might have a solution. Rick was approached and offered the following proposition. "Would you be willing to have sex with the gorilla for $500?" Rick replied that he would have to think about it over night.

The following day, Rich told zoo management that he would accept the offer, but only under three conditions:

"First", he said, "I don't want to have to kiss her".

"Secondly, you must never tell anyone about this".

"And finally, you gotta give me a couple of weeks to come up with the $500."

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

And then it was the Texas resident who came to Australia for the first time in his life.

Suddenly he caught sight of a group of kangaroos and exclaimed in surprise:

- I'll be damned, your grasshoppers are really bigger than we have in Texas ...

The man was out testing his new sporty Porsche.

He lowered the roof and pressed the gas. As he drove over 120 he saw blue lights behind him.

He had become somewhat speed blind, thinking that the police could never catch him. He pushed the gas to the bottom, but as he approached 170 he began to think:

- What the hell am I doing, and then he stopped at the roadside.

The police came to the car with the fine in hand.

- It has been a long day, my passport is soon over and it is also Friday the thirteenth. I have no desire to start messing with paper. I will let you know if you can provide an explanation for the speeding, which I have not heard before.

The man thought 2 seconds and answered,

- My wife left me last week, she left with a police officer. I thought he wanted to give her back.

The police wished the man a nice weekend.

4 hours ago, Jeff_N said:

If you click the link there's a bunch more, almost all just as horrible as the ones Sphinx posted.

One of them is bugging me, I am honestly not sure if it is Hitler or Charlie Chaplin? 

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

37 minutes ago, Confused said:

Looks like a typical Saturday night for me....

I don't think a little bit of LSD from time to time is necessarily a bad thing but - no :)

We're talking the picture with the guy in the armchair, not the one with the handsome guy with mustache looking deep into your eyes, right.? ;)