IGNORED

Off Topic | Just for Laughs

How to put a plastic bag in the dustbin.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

5 hours ago, LeviWix said:

Very funny topic, thanks!😂😂😂

You can always count on audiophiles' sense of humor..

Back on topic.

'America should be forced to take 4 more years of Trump as a punishment for giving the world the first 4 years of Trump'

'The only solace i take from watching America try and fail to run a simple election is the knowledge that if they ever launched their massive nuclear arsenal, I’d have 3 days to get my affairs in order as they attempted to countdown from 10'

- Glenn Wool.

BTW what happens if counting votes takes more than 4 years..? 

5 hours ago, sandyk said:

A good one.jpg

LOL! My elderly father-in-law used to try to change the TV channel with a cordless phone. 

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

6 hours ago, audiobomber said:

LOL! My elderly father-in-law used to try to change the TV channel with a cordless phone. 

Hmmm. That's probably a feature that Apple and Samsung haven't thought of yet , along with controlling lighting, air conditioning etc..

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that these are meant to be humorous, and not meant to be taking sides.

I have presented cartoons from both sides .

Alex

On 11/14/2020 at 5:02 PM, SoundAndMotion said:

I can laugh at my guy (he is old); the other one makes me 😡

I can laugh at both of them. I would risk a thesis that people who have problems with laughing at 'their' man, quite probably have a problem with laughing at themselves which IMO may be one of ultimate proofs of a real sense of humor and maybe even a condition of self-development.. After all the easiest way leave your 'old' self behind is to ..laugh it out :) 

Back on topic.

Today Radio France Internationale (kind of French BBC) has killed Queen Elizabeth II:

"The United Kingdom awoke an orphan this morning. Buckingham Palace officially announced the death of Queen Elizabeth II. The Queen, who died of (…)*, turned 94 on 21 April 2020.

All Albion laments the disappearance of its sovereign who, at the head of her country since 1952, has constituted the immovable bedrock around which England’s postcolonial history has unfolded, full of sound and fury.”

But it's not only about about Queen Elizabeth II and RFI - in general it seems that French media just love to declare people (not only Brits!) dead- as for politician Bernard Tapie, he's been actually mistakenly declared dead today for the third time - first, Le Monde published his obituary in 2019, while the TV station of the sports paper L’Équipe killed him off on screen last August. 

But it's not only the Queen and Tapie..

Clint Eastwood Jimmy Carter Pele Sophia Loren

French broadcaster apologises after killing off Queen and Pelé

Anyway it seems that if one sees one's obituary in French media it is more advisable not to take the whole thing in 100% seriously.. ;)