The Computer Audiophile

Off Topic | Just for Laughs

16 hours ago, sandyk said:

Yes, even the old cheeky Beachside postcards are long gone, and not too many TV stations would be game to air old episodes of Benny Hill with his Hill's Angels. YET, many people commonly use the word FUCK (even many women), in their speech , which is really far worse than simple sexy innuendo.

Has anyone ever been killed because of Benny Hill, or postcards, or because someone says fuck? 

How many have been abused or killed because they were dehumanized for their race, creed, or country of origin? Millions!

You don't seem able to grasp the difference between bigotry and political correctness. Please, just stop posting on this topic.

“The best sounding audio product is the one that exhibits the least audible flaws.”

Dr. Floyd Toole

8 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I always try to keep in mind that all humor stems from pain. It isn’t all funny, but if it’s funny, the joke is on someone. 

What is obvious to me is that in these days of the Covid-19 it is dangerous to even make jokes, where the majority that the mass media, so efficient nowadays, worsen our fears.

I use jokes these days to try to reduce stress in my family and friends, but I can't compete effectively with the media...

Best regards,

Roch

32 minutes ago, audiobomber said:

The media was not responsible for the genocide inflicted on Native Americans, nor slavery, nor disenfranchising black Americans until 1965, which continues to this day. 

The media is reporting Covid stats, while the federal government tries to ignore them. Unfortunately for Trump, you  can't bullshit your way out a pandemic. 134,000 deaths and counting worst record of any country in the world.

The continuous information from the press causes stress and stress lowers our immune system. I'm talking about Covid

In my small country our aborigines are protected. Many died during the conquest at the hands of the Spanish, or from the diseases they transmitted to them.

We have no problems with other ethnic groups. Even the president of our legislative assembly (your congress?) is a black gentlemen, although colored people are a minority.

If you have had historical errors I think it is better to subscribe to that time, without accusing anyone and correcting them.

Best,

Roch

If you talk with Millennial Native Americans, you will find many are passionate about these naming conventions (sports teams, etc.) and the images that are attached to them.  Isn't it worth the conversation before assuming what is correct, political or otherwise?  If you look at the conditions in Indian Country, you may change your view of "sensitivities."  This isn't just about the past, but the present.  

Mola Mola Tambaqui / Kubala-Sosna XLR / Mola Mola Kaluga / KS biwire / B&W 803 D3

Ethernet:  Roon > in-wall 5e > Sonore opticalModule [Sonore 5V LPS] > UpTone EtherREGEN [UpTone JS-2 LPS] + Cybershaft OP13 > DAC

Youtube has just proposed me another Ozzy Man Review.

I admit I sometimes use them instead of a morning coffee.. x-D

What’s true of all the evils in the world is true of plague as well.
It helps men to rise above themselves.

―  Albert Camus, The Plague.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I watched this on TV when it happened. 

This is what sometimes happens when superpowers forget they are not alone in this world..

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted"- William Bruce Cameron

Some pandemic humor.. 

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

:D

Ah TRS-80 16K ram. My first "pc"; what an improvement when I upgraded to 64K and 160K floppy disks. Still have 15 minutes cassettes; be interesting to find a machine to see what's on them.

4 hours ago, Superdad said:

Look closely. Does anyone else find it odd that the couple on the couch are watching a video of THEMSELVES making out?!

Can't really refer to that as voyeurism.

Are they getting "in the mood," too lazy to face each other again, or simply judging their past performance? x-D 

I can't see whether she is pressing slow motion or fast forward....

Mola Mola Tambaqui / Kubala-Sosna XLR / Mola Mola Kaluga / KS biwire / B&W 803 D3

Ethernet:  Roon > in-wall 5e > Sonore opticalModule [Sonore 5V LPS] > UpTone EtherREGEN [UpTone JS-2 LPS] + Cybershaft OP13 > DAC