The Computer Audiophile

Off Topic | Just for Laughs

57 minutes ago, manueljenkin said:

I wrote this master-piece (or so do I call it) some time ago. I was a cable skeptic back then.

And you no longer are ?  😋

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 28-06-2020

Just now, sandyk said:

And you no longer are ?  😋

I guess by mentioning "was" and "back then", I conveyed that I'm different now. Truth to be told I already had belief in digital cables (characteristic impedance, transistor load equations etc), just wasn't believing in analog side. Now I've started being more open to that too.

Not only is this a top tune, but these guys were 28 years ahead of their time in terms of fashion trends.

Windows 10 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, SOtM sMS-200Ultra, tX-USBultra, Paul Hynes SR4 (x2), Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection.

1 hour ago, Summit said:

Humor? 😜

I knew I could be risking going on many ignore lists .. ;)

BTW - Banksy, Archway salvaged from Heathrow Airport.

cbea3c9dc0869dfad943c760086abd20.jpg

And his tribute to the UK health service workers, really cool idea IMO.

Banksy 'brightens up' Southampton hospital with tribute to nurses ...

New Banksy piece celebrates superhero health workers

What’s true of all the evils in the world is true of plague as well.
It helps men to rise above themselves.

―  Albert Camus, The Plague.

Being nearly completely Norwegian, The Vikings are, in fact, my Heritage! However, I am offended deeply by how badly they suck!

No electron left behind...

If one can't take history into account for understanding why certain words, etc, used at a time is part of the natural progression of human affairs, then the outrage will be repeated, over and over again, through the years ... would be interesting to go to 50 years from now, and note how the world in general has deep contempt for actions that are considered sexy, and fun, now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Brown

Frank

http://artofaudioconjuring.blogspot.com/

Over and out.

32 minutes ago, fas42 said:

If one can't take history into account for understanding why certain words, etc, used at a time is part of the natural progression of human affairs, then the outrage will be repeated, over and over again, through the years ... would be interesting to go to 50 years from now, and note how the world in general has deep contempt for actions that are considered sexy, and fun, now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Brown

Yes, even the old cheeky Beachside postcards are long gone, and not too many TV stations would be game to air old episodes of Benny Hill with his Hill's Angels. YET, many people commonly use the word FUCK (even many women), in their speech , which is really far worse than simple sexy innuendo.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 28-06-2020