IGNORED

Off Topic | Just for Laughs

20 hours ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Loriot summing up the Subjectivist / Objectivist debate !

Actually it is very representative of the vast difference between men and women. Men are logical, “women are irrational, that’s all there is to that! Their heads are full of cotton, hay, and rags!”*

But then, what do I know? I don’t trust the fair sex** and I loathe the idea of matrimony. “Let them (other guys) buy those wedding bands for those anxious little hands... I will never let a woman in my life!**🧐

** “Women, even the best of them, are not to be trusted...” Sherlock Holmes

* *** George Bernard Shaw by way of Alan J. Lerner and Frederick Lowe

George

11 hours ago, Confused said:

2110626965_91557510_10213954709061964_3230869129573433344_o1.thumb.jpg.4b761b577b27882e233570f108ac8e6a.jpg

Truer words were never spoken. In engineering school I took calculus, statistics, solid geometry and several other advanced mathematics classes that I slept through, but somehow managed to pass. In my entire career as an electronics engineer doing design work, I have never had occasion to use anything more advanced than high-school algebra!

George

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

I laughed pretty good at this, thanks for that!

In our modern society, that seems to be more likely the case than not. I have a number of married friends, and in NONE of them is the husband the head of the household. One of my friends even admits it. “I’m not management at my house,” he says. “I’m merely the hired help. My pay goes into her account, she decides where to spend it, she pays the bills, if I need money, I have to beg for it, but she doesn’t ask me when she wants to buy something. I’m just here to fix broken things and chauffeur members of the family around”.

If I were this guy, I certainly wouldn’t admit to being in that position even if I were. But I wouldn’t be. Were I stupid enough to commit matrimony (and I’m not), I would run my marriage the same way that I have handled all of my female relationships. They get three strikes. After the third strike all my former girlfriends were OUT. I would do the same in a marriage. Piss me off three times and it’s ADIOS mi’lady!

George

5 hours ago, Rexp said:

Marriage isn't a big deal, becoming Father is the best thing to happen to any man. 

It is if you’re a modern re-incarnation of Wallace Whimple. These guys I know are that. They’re not happy, they’re afraid of their wives, and they are more afraid of the California court system which, if they try to divorce the shrews, will give her everything the man has ever owned and anything he would be likely to own in the future. I don’t blame them there, the CA divorce courts are brutal to guys in a divorce. I shudder just to think of it!

George

12 minutes ago, Rexp said:

You should move to where I'm currently living, Malaysia. Divorced Muslim wives get a pittance. 

Not really. I think that divorce should be equitable. Former spouses should be able to shake hands and walk away, with each taking 100% of what they owned going in and 50% of shared assets. Alimony would not exist, but of course, child support would also be 50/50. That’s only fair.

George

50 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

George, I'm gonna bet you're not a fan of Za Za Gabor 🤔🤣dcb8a8f1c0cb89831481f40759a04dad.thumb.jpg.cd7ad11146e2d592543c1c2077602332.jpg

I like what actor George Sanders said when a reporter asked him how he felt after his divorce from Zsa Zsa: “Like a squeezed lemon.”  Never saw the appeal of either of the Gabor sisters, Zsa Zsa or Eva.

George