IGNORED

Live streaming setups

Hi all,

With all this "Quarantining Fun" I am intrigued by:

1- What live streaming sources you use (eg live concerts)?

2- How do you maximize sound quality and do routing of the sound to your hifi if different from normal listening?

3- If stream has video, what's the setup?

Let me know!

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

55 minutes ago, miguelito said:

Hi all,

With all this "Quarantining Fun" I am intrigued by:

1- What live streaming sources you use (eg live concerts)?

2- How do you maximize sound quality and do routing of the sound to your hifi if different from normal listening?

3- If stream has video, what's the setup?

Let me know!

Bonjour @miguelito

Interessting topic, but did you really want to use the buy & sell sub-forum for these questions ?
Guess you need to wait until @The Computer Audiophile will have had breakfast to change the thread's location ...
To both of you: Have a nice day ...
cordialement, DT

Yes my mistake

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

My usual internet streaming source is a Roku streaming stick, but this works only if the concert is available from a Roku "channel".  (Roku calls each channel a Roku "app".)

My streaming "hub" is an Oppo DVD player.   It has an HDMI input into which the Roku stick is connected.  I assume most DVD players have an HDMI input.  

The outputs of the DVD player are a Toslink audio output connected to the DAC and an HDMI video output connected to the TV.

On the rare occasion I want to stream a concert that's not available on a Roku app, I have to manually move the TV's HDMI input cable from the HDMI output of the DVD player to the HDMI output of my Mac Mini, the latter being my usual computer audio server whose USB port already is connected to the DAC.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

• 2 weeks later...

I'm listening to a live stream of Neil Finn right now from his home in L.A. using the MixLR app, and beaming it to my home theater. It's awesome, Love Neil Finn. MixLR has a boatload of live streams, and you can chat with other fans and ask the artist questions.

Neil's wife Sharon recorded the video to this session the other day - 4K video - it's almost like being there.

• 2 weeks later...

@miguelito: Hello— for my main listening I use WiFi from my 2012 i7 16GB RAM Mac Mini(with new 4TB SSD)  running El Capitan use TIDAL Qobuz desktop apps and through both ROON and A+3.5.

Have recently discovered(?rediscovered) Apple TV (3rd generation) not for my iTunes library but for channels that carry concerts and Apple’s own streamed content—for example my CFO and I watched the Jersey4Jersey replay last night through a surround sound set up in our family room. YouTube also has surprisingly good SQ from my Mac Mini in our living room AND the videos I play directly from our illustrious AS site sound equally as good . From the Mac it goes USB for streaming services/Toslink for cable TV to new Yggy GS DAC or to Meridian dragonfly RED by RCA out to new Rggy (just the amp) to new Legacy Audio Studio HD speakers— ALMOST everything I play sounds great.

For video both rooms have large screen HD(not smart) TVs just turn down/off TV volume and use DAC/Amp set up in living room and AVR 5.0 setup in family room.  Surprisingly there is Toslink out from my cable box into the Yggy GS that actually decodes the sound.

Hope this is what you were looking for.