IGNORED

Resonessence Labs Out of Business?

4 minutes ago, Superdad said:

That's a very weird, circular web site that says nothing and leads to nothing. Can't even see the point. 

Soderman Marketing is just some SEO firm: https://www.sodermanmarketing.com

And building up that site for later SEO purposes. Tons of words that don’t say much all together but on their own are keywords. The site is building Google juice to be used later. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 8/21/2020 at 3:49 AM, eagle3333 said:

Dr Tone - to what did you change from the Mirus?

I had a Yggy A2.  Ultimately it won out as most my content is RBCD.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

Received my Resonessence Lab Mirus Pro back today from Frank Szabo. After some trouble shooting he said the regulator and the ESS chips were fried( my words not his) probably from a power surge despite always having it plugged into a PS Audio Power Plant 12. He replaced both dac chips and the regulator. It cost $750 US including return shipping. He communicated each step of the way to keep me informed. He seems like a sensible straight shooter who I think does not personally indulge in the audiophile nonsense that some of us do. Although I hope I don't have to, I would use his services in the future if need be. BTW when I listened to the Mirus Pro to make sure it working, I was shocked how good it sounded. It is one of number of DACs I have and I was planning on selling  it on its return, but I am going to have to give it some further thought and listening.

13 hours ago, Marcner said:

Received my Resonessence Lab Mirus Pro back today from Frank Szabo. After some trouble shooting he said the regulator and the ESS chips were fried( my words not his) probably from a power surge despite always having it plugged into a PS Audio Power Plant 12. He replaced both dac chips and the regulator. It cost $750 US including return shipping. He communicated each step of the way to keep me informed. He seems like a sensible straight shooter who I think does not personally indulge in the audiophile nonsense that some of us do. Although I hope I don't have to, I would use his services in the future if need be. BTW when I listened to the Mirus Pro to make sure it working, I was shocked how good it sounded. It is one of number of DACs I have and I was planning on selling  it on its return, but I am going to have to give it some further thought and listening.

Thanks for sharing your experience with Frank, this gives confidence when I ever need to use his services. And indeed, the sound is fabulous! 🙂

• 1 month later...

Hello all, as a first time poster and Mirus Pro owner I would like to express my appreciation to the forum members who managed to track down Frank Szabo, and to Frank himself who was happy to investigate some possible  issues with the unit. In the end he gave it a clean bill of health and refused to charge for his time. As noted by Marcner he is straight forward, thorough and a great reassurance for us Resonessence owners! Regards, Andrew (Sydney, AUSTRALIA)

20 hours ago, Pebbles111 said:

Hello all, as a first time poster and Mirus Pro owner I would like to express my appreciation to the forum members who managed to track down Frank Szabo, and to Frank himself who was happy to investigate some possible  issues with the unit. In the end he gave it a clean bill of health and refused to charge for his time. As noted by Marcner he is straight forward, thorough and a great reassurance for us Resonessence owners! Regards, Andrew (Sydney, AUSTRALIA)

Thanks for keeping us posted. The light on my Pro's volume knob has started flickering on and off so I may yet need Frank's services..

2 minutes ago, eagle3333 said:

The light on my Pro's volume knob has started flickering on and off

Same here! Seems like a lot of hassle for me to ship to Canada just for this, so  I’m ignoring for now (not  in my line of sight)

Thinking about it, seems  a pity that no one was able to buy RL out and take over production.  I put the Mirus back in my system recently and it is an absolutely superb DAC with some unrealised potential.  

8 minutes ago, Norton said:

Same here! Seems like a lot of hassle for me to ship to Canada just for this, so  I’m ignoring for now (not  in my line of sight)

Thinking about it, seems  a pity that no one was able to buy RL out and take over production.  I put the Mirus back in my system recently and it is an absolutely superb DAC with some unrealised potential.  

Likewise! Also, when I shipped it for the Pro upgrade, despite us both doing all the paperwork, Customs still hit me for several hundred quid import duty when it came back. I was not amused! Anyhow, it's not affecting SQ so it stays until something else goes. 

Yes, I was thinking the same. It gets seriously high praise all over and deservedly so. I A/B'd it with a Dave and latter sounded 'thin' by comparison. Had it bettered the Pro I'd have bought it. I think it never had the promotion & marketing it deserved. I'd have thought someone else would have picked up the rights and run with it. Or p'raps it's like what nearly happened to Dyson - the competition would rather just see it laid to rest. At £6k it was great value.  

43 minutes ago, Norton said:

I agree . I still marvel at how wonderful my Mirus Pro sounds compared to other  DACs and streamers that cost 2 and 3 times  more . Hopefully Frank will continue his work . 

• 4 months later...

I am sad to report that Frank Szabo, who provided repair service for Resonessence Labs products, has passed away.  I had just started dealing with him for my Concero HD before his untimely passing, and he was very kind and helpful.  If anyone is aware of someone else who does repair work on Resonessence Labs products, please let me know.  

3 hours ago, XS1137 said:

I am sad to report that Frank Szabo, who provided repair service for Resonessence Labs products, has passed away.  I had just started dealing with him for my Concero HD before his untimely passing, and he was very kind and helpful.  If anyone is aware of someone else who does repair work on Resonessence Labs products, please let me know.  

Yes I was shocked to come across an obituary whilst googling RL recently.  A heart attack in his early 50s I believe?

A pity another company hasn’t taken the RL products on board either just for service and repairs or future sales and development.   Had my Mirus back in the system this week and it still sounds terrific.

He had a stroke at 52, very sad. 

I had been conversing with Frank regarding an issue with my Concero HD, which I couldn't be happier with sound wise.   He seemed genuinely interested in keeping Resonessence products going.  It is sad that outstanding Resonessence dac's are seemingly left out with no support now.   

• 5 months later...

I wish I had never upgraded my Mirus.

I sent it to Mark Mallison in 2018, I was working away from home during that time. He upgraded my Mirus to a Mirus Signature Pro - which has made the Mirus a very expensive brick. I took the MSP into my local HIFI repairer who advised me he believes it has a corruption of the software, as the hardware tested fine. I am unable to see the signature display screen on the front of the DAC or via HDMI - really disappointed as this DAC cost $1800 USD to upgrade including the post Australia to Canada to Australia.  Anyone know a way in which I could try to repair the firmware?

This was an issue for many of us who spent our  hard earned dollars on the upgrade only to have the unit fail shortly afterward  with no recourse because Reasonesence had quietly disappeared of the map leaving their clients in the lurch. I confronted Mark Mallinson about this over the phone and he frankly could have cared less . Reasonesence new very well they were going out if business but continued to accept money for expensive upgrades . Shame on them - lesson learned . 

Hi Pebbles I haven’t tried SNA yet.

Turnerman1103 thank you for your insights.

I’m hoping someone might have a service manual, as there may be some kind of hard reset.

Also I’m wondering if anyone has a stable firmware available and any suggestions on how to do a reinstall?

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding a suitable replacement? I’m doubtful I will ever spend this amount again on a DAC, however with advances in technology, I’m hoping there’s something out there that matches this DAC?