IGNORED

Nine Inch Nails release new double album "Ghosts V - VI" for free download

You can get it here, you have to fill out the billing info, although there is no charge and you do not need to input any credit card info.  I am trying to get mine right now, I think they're being bombarded with hits right now, but try your luck.

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/nine-inch-nails-release-new-double-album-ghosts-v-vi-free-download?fbclid=IwAR23TtJHYEPicFRqA1q9mQ4e0pNFo26b0exE0gwAvrfvWqdeeqa6TfzTZJg

No electron left behind.

2 hours ago, barrows said:

I picked this up the minute it was offered, despite the mp3 provenance.  This is ambient music, for the most part.  But mine is 24 bit and 48 kHz.  I assume this is the native rate which Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross are working at.  MP3 is of course a lossy representation of the original source files.

A 24/48 MP3?

weird

In Tidal (It isn't in Qobuz) it's 16/44

No electron left behind.

23 minutes ago, barrows said:

Well, either way it is still a lossy mp3, cannot get around that.  I trust Roon more than I do Audirvana, which has always been a bit buggy for me.  Maybe Audirvana just "assumes" that any mp3 compressed file would be from a 16 bit source?

Anyway, I suspect mp3 encoding means that the bit depth of the original file would be irrelevant, considering the lossy compression applied I figure than any actual information below the 16th bit would be eliminated. 

Thats what I decided as well when I thought about it some. Then I stopped. I feel the same about Audirvana as well. It has its uses for me but I prefer Roon.

No electron left behind.