IGNORED

Why my system becomes dull after sometime?

sbenyo

58 minutes ago, sbenyo said:

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Just to know, this has been like this for long time (more than a year). I did replace many things that I suspected on the way and it is still happening. All the power cables replaced and power conditioner was added just because I suspected there is a power issue. It happened before and still happening now so I don't think they are the problem.

Once I get it working well, I works like this for a few days, sometimes a week or more and then it happens again until I unplug everything and connect everything again. Strangely, the problem is not always fixed when everything is disconnected. Maybe I have to wait a bit for everything to drain or I did not disconnect all cables properly (not just the main power). 

I do tend to think this is related to the either the amp, pre or DAC. Next time this happens I will try to disconnect (and wait enough) only one component at a time to try and pinpoint the problem. It may also be there is more than one component affected.

The problem may also be outside the stereo entirely... next time it happens see whats running electrically, pay particular attention to heaters, hair dryers, etc.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

1 hour ago, sbenyo said:

@EvilTed, I was just looking for feet solutions to increase the space between amp and preamp. I think this can help.

@Davide256, The system is not in a cabinet so I think it's quite ventilated, maybe except for the components on top of each other.

setup-s1.jpg.fea1fbd68ac6698050f9c1f2f51441ba.jpg

Thx for the  picture. Consider some maple shade iso blocks  to raise the amp off the floor and/or separate the pre from the amp

for good ventilation + vibration isolation. Sets of 4 run $36 each.

https://shop.mapleshadestore.com/Mapleshade-Isoblock-Sets_p_1224.html

Regards,

Dave

Audio system