sbenyo

HQPlayer Windows OS NAA

Rate this topic

I have a T+A DAC8 DSD that I am using directly with my PC which also has a Paul Pang USB card for SQ.

I would like to have a solution like ultraRendu or Sotm that can provide the same level of audiophile NAA component but running Windows OS. Unfortunately the T+A does not yet officially support Linux for DSD512 and I don't want to use the beta firmware for now.

Appreciate any good suggestions that can provide Audiophile level solution.

22 minutes ago, sbenyo said:

I would like to have a solution like ultraRendu or Sotm that can provide the same level of audiophile NAA component but running Windows OS. Unfortunately the T+A does not yet officially support Linux for DSD512 and I don't want to use the beta firmware for now.

This is what I used for the purpose:

https://www.onlogic.com/eu-en/computers/industrial/fanless/cl100-series/

Just get a better PSU for it...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Thanks for the suggestions. They are good but no cheap. I will see if there are any additional options. I wonder if a simple fanless mini PC can also do the work without affecting the SQ.

I have tested the Latte Panda SBC which was referred by OE333 back in the DAC8 DSD thread, I tested & configured the NAA output as per suggestion of OE333 and it does work well and can do DSD512 upsample in pretty stable state, I did encounter few crashes after playing for few hours or if I skipped through tracks vigorously but it did not happen as often to be a big concern to me.

I had been using SOTM sms-200 ultra neo before with amanero beta firmware but it had issues with playing dsd512 so was just playing dsd256 with it and being able to play dsd512 is just wonderful with much fuller sound.

The price I would say is cheaper compared to above suggestions and it can be powered with battery so no need to worry about

noisy power source and it's fanless. Soundwise I though it sounded better than direct PC connection.

13 hours ago, sbenyo said:

Thanks for the suggestions. They are good but no cheap. I will see if there are any additional options. I wonder if a simple fanless mini PC can also do the work without affecting the SQ.

Well, the one I listed is such? When it comes to running Windows, you need to make sure you have enough RAM because Windows is such a memory hog and very heavy in other ways too. So the very lightest and cheapest PCs are not very good for the purpose.

I think I have 16 GB of RAM on mine which is the max it can take. But I'd go at least with 8 GB if not more as possible.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers