IGNORED

HQPlayer Windows OS NAA

sbenyo

22 minutes ago, sbenyo said:

I would like to have a solution like ultraRendu or Sotm that can provide the same level of audiophile NAA component but running Windows OS. Unfortunately the T+A does not yet officially support Linux for DSD512 and I don't want to use the beta firmware for now.

This is what I used for the purpose:

https://www.onlogic.com/eu-en/computers/industrial/fanless/cl100-series/

Just get a better PSU for it...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

13 hours ago, sbenyo said:

Thanks for the suggestions. They are good but no cheap. I will see if there are any additional options. I wonder if a simple fanless mini PC can also do the work without affecting the SQ.

Well, the one I listed is such? When it comes to running Windows, you need to make sure you have enough RAM because Windows is such a memory hog and very heavy in other ways too. So the very lightest and cheapest PCs are not very good for the purpose.

I think I have 16 GB of RAM on mine which is the max it can take. But I'd go at least with 8 GB if not more as possible.

• 10 months later...
34 minutes ago, SwissBear said:

I'm trying to play with NAA on a Windows 10 machine with multiple ethernet adapters. Is there a special instruction to set in the .bat file to instruct NAA to listen to any one of the adapter in particular ? Is there a documentation about available parameters ?

There's NETWORKAUDIOD_MCASTIF environment variable, value defaults to empty (listen on all). It is either interface name, or "*" for automatically picking up a suitable dual-stack (IPv4/IPv6) interface.