IGNORED

Corona Virus

9 hours ago, sandyk said:

After Trump's "good feeling" about chloroquine and his misinformation that it had been approved for coronavirus, a couple in the US self-medicated with the drug. She got very sick and he died. Until controlled tests prove both efficacy and safety, no one should be taking these anti-malaria drugs on their own to combat COVID-19.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

23 hours ago, Allan F said:

@rando

My apologies. I stand humbly corrected. I just came across this article which describes studies that support what you posted. Reusable cloth supermarket tote bags should not be used. The information I had read referred to different materials generally and did not apply to tote bags.

Using tote bags instead of plastic could help spread the coronavirus

I appreciate this turnabout.  There is a fine line between forcing a wedge where a crack exists that needs to be given attention and using language that isn't conducive towards, is in fact leading towards invective, discovery and resolution.  My hope is that line wasn't crossed attempting to fire your attention away from the "me" who was correct and posed no risk.  Or at least minimal and would take action to reduce it further.  Even among those in the larger population who would take those steps.  A high percentage of them being distracted into mistakes exist.  

Without any personal stake existing any more. I can point towards Target as of this morning taking numerous steps in the direction outlined that includes banning sales and use of cloth bags.

1 hour ago, Allan F said:

After Trump's "good feeling" about chloroquine and his misinformation that it had been approved for coronavirus, a couple in the US self-medicated with the drug. She got very sick and he died. Until controlled tests prove both efficacy and safety, no one should be taking these anti-malaria drugs on their own to combat COVID-19.

Sorry, but his "good feeling" is all he said.  He NEVER said it was "approved" and both he and Fauci indicated that people are and can use it off label under doctor's supervision.  In fact right now it is on what is called a dual track, being used in "compassionate use" off label as well as being studied in randomized double blinded studies.  

The people you are talking about who self-medicated did so with fish tank cleaners not hydrocholoroquine.  I have no idea whether if "really" works or not but YOU SHOULD NOT be casting aspersions for "misinformation" when that is exactly what you are doing. As it pertains to "no one should be taking......" those who are should be under doctor supervision and we should see if it has any efficacy after the trials.  Anyone doing so without supervision of a healthcare provider does so at their own risk. 

30 minutes ago, Priaptor said:

Sorry, but his "good feeling" is all he said.  He NEVER said it was "approved"...

As it pertains to "no one should be taking......" those who are should be under doctor supervision and we should see if it has any efficacy after the trials.  Anyone doing so without supervision of a healthcare provider does so at their own risk. 

Talking about spreading misinformation, get your facts straight. He DID say that it was "approved" (at 1:27):

Moreover, Dr. Antony Fauci has said that it has not been approved, nor has it undergone controlled testing - although tests are now underway. Whether it shows "great promise" has yet to be determined. Hyperbole is no substitute for truth. BTW, what I said was that no one should be taking these anti-malaria drugs on their own to combat COVID-19.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

16 minutes ago, Allan F said:

Get your facts straight. He DID say that it was approved:

Moreover, Dr. Antony Fauci said it has not been approved and had not undergone controlled testing.

BTW, what I said was that no one should be taking these anti-malaria drugs on their own to combat COVID-19.

He was referring to the FDA's approval for off label utilization which the states would be charged with distributing, regarding "off label" utilization as well as in controlled drug trials as Hahn elaborated on in more detail.  Additional "approved" drugs for trial and compassionate use include convalescent plasma and immune globulin, remdesivir, Losartin, as well as some other therapies being fast tracked for study.  Yes, one can infer from that clip that he is saying the FDA approved it's use "TO TREAT COVID" but that is not what he meant and it was clarified.

Fauci indicated it has promise and as a scientist he can only evaluate it based on real results that are done in an approved double blinded study not that it isn't being used or approved for study by the FDA.

Additionally you claimed that people self-medicated based on this and died which the couple you are referring to used fish tank cleaner containing hydroxychoroquine. 

I by no means have huge hope for hydroxycholoroquine especially based on a tiny 30 person French study, but we will see. 

14 minutes ago, Priaptor said:

He was referring to the FDA's approval for off label utilization which the states would be charged with distributing, regarding "off label" utilization as well as in controlled drug trials as Hahn elaborated on in more detail.

Perhaps that was what he meant to say or should have said, but that is not what he did say. Most Americans listening to him would not have been aware of that distinction and would falsely believe that a successful treatment has been found. Put your MAGA hat back in the closet.