IGNORED

Decent USB cable that won’t break the bank

alice

You can look into Oyaide Neo d+ Class S or Class A. I own the Class S version. They are affordable and Oyaide publishes an eye diagram measurement for its USB cables on its site. So at least we know that it is made to specifications. As for sound wise, check out some reviews. Note: due to the flat shape of this cable, it's a little fussy with placement, so a little extra length helps.

Another well reviewed & affordable option is Supra USB cable (which I also own, but not using).

On a side note:

I do find that ISO Regen made a preferable difference in my USB chain. Adding iFi iUSB Nano added a wee bit of smoothness/liquidity to the sound. Also it supplies clean power for the ISO Regen (double win for me ✌️).

For me, I can't say I hear much of a difference between USB cables in my system (possibly due to a multitude of factors—not sensitive hearing, mid-fi equipment, room acoustics, etc etc). Though I've heard differences in digital RCA cables at friends' home. So I buy affordable cables with proper specs + good reviews. 

My USB chain:

Laptop > Oyaide Class S (2m) > iFi iUSB 3.0 Nano > Uptone USPCB > ISO Regen > DIY cable > DAC.

P.S. sorry for digging up an old thread.