IGNORED

Ultrarendu DLNA/Upnp Streaming software

On 7/8/2020 at 10:25 PM, stefano_mbp said:

Yes, Lumïn app on iPad 

Iam so tired of the Lumin, BubbleUpNP and Mimserver.

Have to restart everything when I want to place music, always mucking around for 10 mins before any music can be played.

I so miss Roon, it’s rock solid but expensive.

1 hour ago, alice said:

Have to restart everything when I want to place music, always mucking around for 10 mins before any music can be played.

I so miss Roon, it’s rock solid but expensive.

hello Alice, very sorry for your troubles.

Can you describe the issue? Where did you install Bubbleupnpserver? Do you shutdown every time your Ultrarendu?

Sometime it happens to me that the renderer is not available in Lumin app, I just close the app, wipe it out and relaunch the app, no need to restart everything.

When you add some new music in the folder watched by Minimserver you need to rescan the library using Minimwatch, then Lumin app will start the update but the new music will be immediately available browsing the library by tags, the Lumin update is needed the update the internal app db and the last added view.

Stefano

My audio system

2 hours ago, alice said:

Perhaps it's actually due to a more fundamental problem with your UltraRendu, eg, is this still hapenning?

On 3/22/2020 at 7:49 AM, alice said:

I just connected the Ultrarendu streamer and the led is amber.

Do note I just bought it used online and this is the first time I'am connecting it all.

I rebooted it twice, ensured the micro sd card is inserted , anything I'am doing wrong?

The device is not being detected by Sonicorbiter URL

Also, it's probably best to make sure you don't have similar issues with a direct/simple UPnP/DLNA setup - just to eliminate the possibility of a UPnP device discovery issue with your network management system (usually the router). So, without using the BubbleUPnP Server helper software for OpenHome & OpenHome controllers like the Lumin app, by using a standard UPnP/DLNA controller (eg the mconnect Player app - free Lite version available for testing).

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

18 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

hello Alice, very sorry for your troubles.

Can you describe the issue? Where did you install Bubbleupnpserver? Do you shutdown every time your Ultrarendu?

Sometime it happens to me that the renderer is not available in Lumin app, I just close the app, wipe it out and relaunch the app, no need to restart everything.

When you add some new music in the folder watched by Minimserver you need to rescan the library using Minimwatch, then Lumin app will start the update but the new music will be immediately available browsing the library by tags, the Lumin update is needed the update the internal app db and the last added view.

The BubbleUPNP is installed on the UltraRendu.

Only the DAC is powered off the UltraRendu stays on.

I never add new music and the Minimserver is always fine and appearing in Lumin.

Its the Renderer that’s the issue.

Does the UltraRendu disappear in a similar way on other OpenHome controller apps (eg Linn Kazoo) and/or on standard UPnP/DLNA controller apps (eg mconnect Player Lite)?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

16 hours ago, alice said:

The BubbleUPNP is installed on the UltraRendu.

Only the DAC is powered off the UltraRendu stays on.

I never add new music and the Minimserver is always fine and appearing in Lumin.

Its the Renderer that’s the issue.

you shouldn't turn off a dac connected to the ultrarendu -- this will certainly cause issues.  at a minimum, you'll usually need to reboot the ultrarendu.  just leave the ultrarendu and the dac on all of the time -- the dac doesn't consume much energy . . . and imo the cost is certainly worth the reduction in hassle.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
4 hours ago, jcn3 said:

you shouldn't turn off a dac connected to the ultrarendu -- this will certainly cause issues.  at a minimum, you'll usually need to reboot the ultrarendu.  just leave the ultrarendu and the dac on all of the time -- the dac doesn't consume much energy . . . and imo the cost is certainly worth the reduction in hassle.

The dac is a valve one so certainly not recommended to run it all the time.

15 minutes ago, alice said:

The dac is a valve one so certainly not recommended to run it all the time.

In my experience, as well, it's not a good idea to turn the DAC on and off while the Rendu is running.  If you have to turn off the DAC when not in use, you should turn off the Rendu as well.  When you want to listen, restart the DAC first, and only then turn on the Rendu.  Let the Rendu come online and, once that's complete and you can access the OS, check the DAC Diagnostics in Apps to make sure there was a proper handshake.  Try to play music only when you are sure from the DAC Diagnostics that the Rendu actually sees the DAC.

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

9 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

In my experience, as well, it's not a good idea to turn the DAC on and off while the Rendu is running.  If you have to turn off the DAC when not in use, you should turn off the Rendu as well.  When you want to listen, restart the DAC first, and only then turn on the Rendu.  Let the Rendu come online and, once that's complete and you can access the OS, check the DAC Diagnostics in Apps to make sure there was a proper handshake.  Try to play music only when you are sure from the DAC Diagnostics that the Rendu actually sees the DAC.

great post!  @alice -- mike has got it exactly right.  couldn't have said it better.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
On 7/15/2020 at 1:34 PM, Mike Rubin said:

I do this ritual each time, it work and thanks for the advise.

As for the time from when I start turning things on to being able to listen to

music is longer than getting my vinyl playback up.

Man has certainly evolved!

My .02 - I leave my OpticalRendu on 24/7 as I did with the orig microR.  Same with the ROON core server and the HQP server.  I too have a tube DAC (Lampi) and shut that off when not in use.  The Lampi's dont use power on the USB (I also use the sbooster VBUS which shuts off any power to USB) and never had issues with DAC/rendu being recognized in my ROON config. 

If I plan on a listening session I turn on Pre, then DAC then amps awhile before.  It just works.  When storms come and I power everything off/unplug, there is a start up sequence when powering everything back on which is to power on the OpticalRendu after the DAC has been powered up.

My rig

1 hour ago, alice said:

No, it’s too expensive to use in my secondary system.

You only pay for the Roon core (your Roon server) once -- you can add as many Roon endpoints as you want (i.e. additional systems in your house are free)

1 hour ago, jcn3 said:

additional systems in your house are free

Not restricted to your home actually. 
But U will need dual setup of the server. And just switch between them. 

The advanced option is VPN, but we leave that for now. 

On 7/14/2020 at 3:15 PM, Cebolla said:

Does the UltraRendu disappear in a similar way on other OpenHome controller apps (eg Linn Kazoo) and/or on standard UPnP/DLNA controller apps (eg mconnect Player Lite)?

Hi Cebolla
I have the exactly this issue. mConnect finds the renderer software of any kind. I am using paid version great app.

But linn kazoo, lumin or other apps like that can not find the renderer. they look for the "room" but cant find anything. And yes I set the openhome renderer in the bubbble upnpn config. Actually linn kazoo was finding the renderer at first, but then it canot find the renderer or "room" anymore.

I also installed linn kazoo to my windows 10 laptop, no luck, it could not find any "room" also.

minimserver always shows up with no issues within the all remote control apps.

Do you have any idea?

On 7/21/2020 at 10:22 PM, jcn3 said:

You only pay for the Roon core (your Roon server) once -- you can add as many Roon endpoints as you want (i.e. additional systems in your house are free)

I understand that but don’t have Roon Core licence anymore.