IGNORED

Channel Imbalance

One channel closer to the power supply would be my guess.

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

Different FFT samples?

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

24 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

I think the peak was the same, but I’m not certain. It’s only attributed to one simple issue.

If the peak is the same between the 1k tone into both channels, then the difference is the baseline which is noise.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

Different grounds? Or impedance to ground?

Here is what is going on. I wiggled the cable and it went away so I thought maybe a bad RCA connector. After further inspection the connector seemed okay. The issue was that the connector was not in all the way even though it seemed snug. It just needed to be punched in a bit more to make complete contact. 

Never would have guessed. Interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2020 at 6:41 PM, vortecjr said:

Here is what is going on. I wiggled the cable and it went away so I thought maybe a bad RCA connector. After further inspection the connector seemed okay. The issue was that the connector was not in all the way even though it seemed snug. It just needed to be punched in a bit more to make complete contact. 

There may well be oxidation on one or both of the connectors at that joint.  This can develop in the tiniest of gaps if the male isn't fully & firmly seated in the female or if contact is weak for another reason (e.g. the ID of the outer apron on the male isn't a close fit to the OD of the female).  Depending on the materials from which the connectors are made, the oxides that form can turn the joint into a capacitor, a resistor, or (probably) both. You might want to clean all of the connectors well and plug them back in firmly.  Just twisting an RCA male in its female can improve contact and temporarily solve audio problems.  But the oxidation is still there and will cause further problems if not removed.

Many (most?) consumer grade RCA connectors are flimsy parts. Bits can separate from each other and are easily bent.  In the old days, it wasn't uncommon to find a single strand of wire protruding from either the tip or around the outside of the apron of the male.  Audiophile grade RCAs are much better today - but I avoid them whenever I can and use the best I can find if I'm stuck with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Deoxit.  Whenever I have an issue with tube noise I now just spray 'em all with Deoxit and insert and wiggle the tubes in the socket.  All the noise goes away.  It seems to be especially bad on Russian nine pin tubes.  It is the same with RCAs.  Anything that is held in place by friction will need this treatment eventually.