IGNORED

SMS-200 Tidal via MPD/DLNA

Hi

I got my SMS-200 the other day with the latest Eunhasu software (4.7). When I add my credentials to the MPD settings, Tidal does not work in the Kazoo endpoint. I get the message "Service Login or communication failure". I know the credentials work when I use them in other apps.

What am I missing?

image.thumb.png.9d8ab3209b422cbba76cea8bda261faf.png

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

The latest MPD/DLNA version have OpenHome support build in and should be able to connect to Tidal without the need for BubbleUPnP. I ran that setup on my mRendu. But I had to put my stereo in storage. When I set it up again last Tuesday with the SMS-200, that set up was suddenly not working anymore.

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

Found the workaround. In Eunhasu start up BubbleUPnP server and configure it as a OpenHome point. Linn Kazoo and Lumin will then happily serve you a connection to Tidal. Of course, the downside is there is extra software running on the device. But given the issue with UPMpdCli software, there is no other way in mRendu or SMS-200 if you want to use Kazoo.

On 3/23/2020 at 9:27 AM, stefano_mbp said:

We can call in this thread @MayfromSOtM to give some help

Her last response here was in august 2018 it seems. So, I contacted her directly.