IGNORED

Best app to stream Tidal to JPLAY

mnuno10

My goal is to stream TIDAL to my NUC8i5BEH with JPLAY Fetmo + AO3 + Fidelizer + MinorityClean.

I was looking to the best way to control Tidal and stream music to JPLAY, so far I've tested:

- Audirvana in Macbook streaming to JPLAY - Best sound quality, but I don't want to use it as it required that my MAC is always on; 

- BubbleUpnp(Android) - Pretty good sound quality, slight worst than the above configuration but still great; The problem is when the phone is locked, the next song on the queue does not play; Also doesn't support MQA, but this isn't a big deal;

- Audirvana installed on the same machine of JPLAY - Worst than BubbleUpnp but better than mconnect; Audirvana Remote iOS app sometimes don't connect to Audirvana;

- mconnect(iOS) - The worst, as it is device dependent: iPhoneX > iPad Mini Retina > iPhone SE; The iPhoneX that I use to test isn't mine so I can benefit of the superior sound quality of it;

There are better ways to stream TIDAL to JPLAY? It is better to install BubbleUpnp on my NUC, activate OpenHome and control Tidal with Linn/Lumin app? Or I will get bad sound quality and problems connecting to it?

Related to my problem with BubbleUpnp Android's app, there are some setting that I'm missing? How do you have your BubbleUpnp app and Android phone configured?

I'm doing more tests and now I'm having the following problems, I don't detect them before installed AO3:

mconnect- Music stops after 2/3minutes;

Audirvana in Macbook streaming to JPLAY - Parts of music gets mixed and music stops after 2/3minutes;

What I'm doing wrong?

IMG_1587.JPG

Thank you @FelipeRolim for your input.

Strange that a different Android phone as impact in sound quality. In mconnect I understand, because mconnect downloads the song and then sends it to the JPLAY(so a better cpu, wireless module, etc can impact sound quality), but in BubbleUpnp the song is downloaded by JPLAY. I will try to test it with different devices and see what happens.

I will try to implement your recommendations regarding Home Network Configuration.

And thank you for your posts here in Audiophilestyle, you are one of the persons that make me give Windows/JPLAY another shoot. After hearing JPLAY, even without any Windows' tweak, I found it's sound quality superior to every Linux Audio Distributions that I've tested(Euphony/Gentoo/Daphile/Volumio). With AO3 + Fidelizer + MinorityClean installed, it's even better.

Related to my problems:

When I installed AO3 I already have JPLAY installed, and on the AO3 setup in one of the steps it asks to delete JPLAY, I answered NO. I should have uninstalled JPLAY, and installed it again after AO3 setup? There is some order on Software(JPLAY + AO3 + Fidelizer + MinorityClean) installation that I should follow?

I see on a post someone talking about the "Thesycon driver". I should use "Thesycon driver" or stick with the manufacturer drivers for my Roksan K3 DAC?

Thank you @FelipeRolim

You are right, I misunderstand the question that AO makes regarding JPLAY. 

My router does not allow me to configure static IP for my devices, so I have done it each one. I will plan to buy a router in the future, but I have to do it with caution, because not everyone can replace the one from my network provider.

I've installed WS 2019 non core(in the future I plan to install core edition, but right now to simplify I prefer install "graphical" edition) and follow your advices, I'm really happy with the results.

But I still have one problem: 

- Listening to Tidal using BubbleUpnp app to control it, the songs in the queue keeps skipping after 1/2 minutes of play time; Using BubbleUpnp or Fidata(iOS) to play songs from my WD MyCloud DLNA server, all works well; What can cause the problem of BubbleUPNP streaming Tidal? I use an Huawei P10 and I already disable all "Power Saving" options that I found.

My JPLAY's settings are the same as in my first post, exception to Hibernate Mode that now is ON.

Is there any advantage in using JPlayFetmoServer to stream files from my WD MyCloud over using WD MyCloud DLNA server directly?

If so, how can I configure JPlayFetmoServer to use files stored in my WD MyCloud. I may have to map it to work as a normal hard drive in Windows, is that true?

If I don't plan to use JPlayFetmoServer at all, is there a way to disable it? In that case should I configure my PC as an AudioPC(in AO, Fidelizer and JPLAY) or I have to still configure it as Single PC?

I manage to make my NUC connect to the WDMyCloud. To do so, I've to enable network related services in AO3. In the JPLAY manual they state that you can use disable network related services option in AO3 if you are using Static IP, but I couldn't manage to make it work. But I will try again.

I've compared WDMyCloud DLNA server vs JPLAY Femto Server, and Femto Server is indeed superior. One thing that I really don't like in it, is that you have to navigate in a "folder" way, instead of the various ways(Albums, Artists, etc) that WDMyCloud provide.

Local playback is also clearly superior to Tidal, but my local library is pretty small, so I really need Tidal. 

Related to Tidal there is a reported bug in JPLAY forum in which Tidal + BubbleUpnp don't work well in Hibernate mode.

http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/3330-tidal-via-android-bubble-up-issue/

I've disable Hibernate mode but I still have problems, after playing 3 or 4 songs, in the middle of the current it skips to the next.

I will try to get some help in JPLAY forum.

Thank you again @FelipeRolim