IGNORED

How can I improve my Ethernet setup?

If possible at all, I'd put a decent audio grade switch or a network filter or both right after the Comcast modem/router.  Repeat with either or the combo before the Lumin.  Icing on the cake, use the best affordable ethernet cable between the switch/filter and Lumin.

A pair of FMCs and certain length of fiber cables will help reduce the Ethernet cable length and that's partially how I've achieved very satisfying SQ.  You didn't like the SQ but fiber optics might not be the culprit and worth revisiting.

Regardless, Internet brings lots of noise and that's why many of us find local files (ripped or downloaded) sound better than streaming or NAS.  IMHO, filtering out Internet noise improves Qobuz and Tidal streaming quite a bit.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently, I replaced the pair of TP-Link MC200CM FMCs with Sonore's opticalModules. They've been here for 2 days only but no going back.  AudioStream's review says it all.

Sounds like there's an incompatibility in your current fiber setup.  Try to isolate the problem, start over with known working components, then add new components one by one.

If applicable, try the Force switch position vs the Auto on the back of the FMC.  I'd try a different switch (TP-Link?) to find out if the Cisco is the culprit.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.