IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature and Digione Sig

6 hours ago, purehifi192 said:

Hi @allo.com I believe my DigiOne Sig is one of the first runs w/ the problem diodes that I need to short so that I can connect to the RPi power input on the USBridge Signature case instead of the DigiOne Signature.

Top:AlloDOSTop.thumb.png.40a65c7457984c34e711a1e428717e21.png

Bottom of Middle:

AlloDOSMiddle.thumb.png.7f522ebd84d779c7b1e89875eff06c30.png

I just got the USBridge so, before making any permanent changes, I wanted some kind of confirmation if I need to short one, the other, or both boards. I've heard there's some documented instructions but I haven't been able to find them on the Allo site. Can you point me to the directions or help guide me? Best as I can tell is to simply yank both diodes with pliers and then solder the connections to the short. Is that it?

Yes ,you need to remove below marked Diode and need short that points ,So it will take RPI power from USBridge signature board.

image.png.d8d955086f5f67308174665e12f21e0c.png

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, steklo said:

Hi,

may I ask what the intentional purpose was for those two diodes? I have a DigiOne signature running on a RPi3 until now and most recently got a USBridge signature. Would the DigiOne signature with the diodes removed/bridged still work on RPi3 in case I would want to go back?

Another question: I would like to have pCP7 running with the new USBridge sinature / DigiOne signature combo – is there anything special I have to consider during installation of pCP in regards to the different hardware of USBridge signature in contrast to RPi? I remember when USBridge was out new there were some things about LAN interface?

Best regards

Stefan

This diodes for protecting ,if accidently connects dirty power and RPI power together.

Diode removed Digione signature board will work with RPI-3

Should not connect RPI3 power and dirty side power (On Digione signature board) together.

Regarding Picore player ,no special changes required.