IGNORED

Chris's Objective/Subjective moat seems one-sided

5 minutes ago, Richard Dale said:

if you feel that you are a second class citizen on this site because it is no longer acceptable to insult people like myself with that sort of thing, then I don't agree with you obviously.

Did I say that or even imply that?

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

9 minutes ago, Richard Dale said:

You don't appear to have noticed that the 'objectivists' insults and continual bickering were poisoning this site.

I'm having a hard time understanding how you reached that conclusion from what I posted.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

1 minute ago, kumakuma said:

I'm having a hard time understanding how you reached that conclusion from what I posted.

What exactly are you trying to defend? There are most certainly a lot of very technically capable people who still post on this site, such as Miska, that never feel the need to be rude to people who only post comments about their subjective opinions.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

On 3/30/2020 at 2:55 AM, kumakuma said:

Ahh, the old subjectivist refrain of "you aren't an audiophile because you're an objectivist"...

Sorry, but I refuse to let you or anyone else define me or make me feel like a second class citizen because I take a different approach to this hobby.

I've never seen anyone write that. The very problem is so-called objectivists trying to make someone else "feel like a second class citizen" by putting out their beliefs as superior, in a manner akin to a religion. 

It was especially frustrating in the MQA threads, as if I forgot to bookmark a post with important information, it would take me hours of going through page after page of crap to find it again. Since I've been wanting to make a video about MQA, that alone has put me off.

4 hours ago, Currawong said:

I've never seen anyone write that. The very problem is so-called objectivists trying to make someone else "feel like a second class citizen" by putting out their beliefs as superior, in a manner akin to a religion. 

It was especially frustrating in the MQA threads, as if I forgot to bookmark a post with important information, it would take me hours of going through page after page of crap to find it again. Since I've been wanting to make a video about MQA, that alone has put me off.

Go to the MQA thread, find a comment by jud, then use the magnifying glass to find all his comments. You will see a few nice recaps that will sum up the whole MQA thing. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png