IGNORED

Chris's Objective/Subjective moat seems one-sided

6 minutes ago, sandyk said:

DUPLICATE DELETED

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

4 hours ago, alfe said:

Actually 100% is the right figure.

Sometimes it's hard to tell whether you are serious or not , as you have a wicked sense of humour .:D

Incidentally, you have an unread PM.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

2 hours ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

For the most part IMO the "moat" has been more of a deterrent to bad behavior.

Objectivists and subjectivists tribes continue to mingle on both sides of "the moat". The only difference is that 'the drawbridge' can be raised by either side if they don't desire to mingle.Ironically the audio tribes have been showing less tribalism.

I would say it's working well.

YMMV

It certainly appears to be working well , as there have been no posts there for 2 1/2 days:)

8 hours ago, daverich4 said:

And that’s your idea of it working well? I wonder if Chris agrees with you.

My remark ,although meant to be  tongue in cheek,was posted to stimulate a little thought about the reasons for it's original existence, and the need for it now, when the forum, (with a few exceptions) has become far more tolerant of the viewpoints of others.

We shouldn't have needed it in the first place , especially when those that demanded it most have shown that they didn't really want it by migrating to A.S.R. and attempting to recruit members for that forum !

I think that you will find that even members such as Tom (Kumakuma) are likely to agree with me here too about the need for this sub forum.