IGNORED

Chris's Objective/Subjective moat seems one-sided

1 hour ago, Norton said:

I guess the OP of a thread in the “objective” section can be granted moderator rights to remove off topic content just like any other, but judging by your observation (I haven’t checked myself) they haven’t seen the need to so far, while the discussion hadn’t got so heated as to merit an intervention from CC.

Judging by the number of occasions that threads on this site get referenced, it looks like Chris has, in effect, just contracted out “objectivist” participation in AS threads to ASR.

I think your analysis is pretty spot on. The back and forth in the objective discussion seems to be measured and to me is way more interesting than the lack of any kind of discussion in the comments section of the article. Hopefully, the disappearance of the members whose idea of a conversation was to “body slam” the person they disagreed with will allow the discussions to be a little less vanilla than they appear to be headed for now. 

14 hours ago, sandyk said:

Please show me what is inappropriate or technically incorrect in this statement I made, 

Both Alex C and Vortecjr posted additional technical information too, which is necessary in order to have a balanced technical discussion.

I never suggested that what you posted was wrong, just pointed out that you were allowed to post a counter argument in an objective thread. And yes, @SuperDad and @Vortecjr did contribute to a BALANCED discussion in an Objective thread, something that is not allowed in a Subjective thread such as the comments section of Austinpops article. 

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Anyone is free to disagree in the comments. If you’ve tried an ER and don’t like it, feel free to express yourself. 

Nobody own objective information. The individuals you mention aren’t prohibited from offering objective information. 

Excellent. The new sub-forum is a great place for you. Comments that you found informative were hard to come by without the new rules in place. You’d have had to weed through several pages of fighting per comment. 

I apparently didn’t express myself clearly in my initial post as you (and @sandyk) completely missed the point I was trying to make. No reason for me to pursue clarification, it was just my 2 cents. 

17 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

Chris based on my interactions with daverich4 I doubt he sincerely wants to hear from the technical side especially people like me who believe in both listening and measuring.

I start a thread based on my belief that the technical people on this site are getting the short end of things and your analysis of that is that I don’t care about the technical side? Wow.

20 hours ago, sandyk said:

My remark ,although meant to be  tongue in cheek,was posted to stimulate a little thought about the reasons for it's original existence, and the need for it now, when the forum, (with a few exceptions) has become far more tolerant of the viewpoints of others.

We shouldn't have needed it in the first place , especially when those that demanded it most have shown that they didn't really want it by migrating to A.S.R. and attempting to recruit members for that forum !

I think that you will find that even members such as Tom (Kumakuma) are likely to agree with me here too about the need for this sub forum.

You seem to have a little bit of a selective memory considering the number of time Chris has had to reprimand you for your posts.