IGNORED

Chris's Objective/Subjective moat seems one-sided

3 hours ago, Summit said:

To call someone an extremist is a serious accusation IMO and should not be said without hard evidence.Please do tell who are those audiophiles here on AS which is not open to science or reason, and more important which science more precisely do they reject when share their listening impressions?

I have not called any*one* or some*one* anything. Please point out where i did this and with "hard evidence".Nor do i intend to comply with your misguided demand to do so.

IMO most audio forum objectivist and subjectivists are not really objective. The difference is one group pretend that they are while the other just tell it like they hear it, none is immune to expectation bias.

Exactly so IMO - Edit except - the use of the word "pretend" is pejorative and in most cases this is not called for, they are simply subscribing to their own belief systems, not pretending IMO

Sound Minds Mind Sound

On 3/26/2020 at 9:03 AM, daverich4 said:

How about if we get this thread back on topic and move the nostalgic comments to their own thread? Thanks. 

For the most part IMO the "moat" has been more of a deterrent to bad behavior.

Objectivists and subjectivists tribes continue to mingle on both sides of "the moat". The only difference is that 'the drawbridge' can be raised by either side if they don't desire to mingle.Ironically the audio tribes have been showing less tribalism.

I would say it's working well.

YMMV

Sound Minds Mind Sound