IGNORED

'FeralA' decoder -- free-to-use

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, pkane2001 said:

That is a mischaracterization of @KSTR and it is really unfortunate that his technical and subjective reports are being actively erased.

I received other information that lead me to my conclusion. I'm certainly open to additional information being provided on the other side of this.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Proof by hearing is where you're going wrong, IMHO. There's no such thing for FA unless you conduct proper, large scale controlled research. Hearing is fallible, as you know really well. Asking a few others to tell you their impressions is not a solution. Random opinions are not proof or even evidence of anything approaching a conspiracy.

I think it depends on one's goal. I don't know John's ultimate goal. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

32 minutes ago, John Dyson said:

This has been frustrating, because I had usually developed relationships, in person and online where there is trust is quickly developed.   A few days in person with me (if I decided to clean up -- retired, you know), you would have full confidence.   When working with me, you might want to check some of my craziness, and you might want to help me communicate when needed, but there is very few things that are *possible* that I won't resolve.   Not always able to come up with solutions, because not all problems can reasonably be solved.

Over the years, in positions where my skills were helpful, the results were usually astounding.   Software integrations, in later years when I just programmed, usually resulted in NO bugs in my code.   If there was a bug, usually an interface issue.   I am totally committed to exellence ON MY TERMS, but status allowed that attitude.  However, NEVER EVER was I arrogant that I have recently encountered elsewhere.   My attitude has always been to help, and the only reason why I have blown up in the past has been understimating my abilities.   I have felt 'talked down to' quite often.  There seems to be an assumption that I am a hacker with an ego bigger than the world.   In reality, I do have a strong ego, but in a good way.

Whatever happens online, it has NO effect on me other than a little anger, and even more disappointment in humanity.   Lots of little people, not because they are incompetent, but because there is a maturity issue.   When working, that situation happens, they seldom would be working on a project for long.   Alas, some people like that are in positions of power, having their feifdom, controlling people's status,  who I would not allow them to be working for/with me for long.   There have been instances, as a simple MTS earlier in my career, got MTS Supervisors fired from projects for just cause.   One reason, abuse of a co-worker, and that co-worker could not defend themselves.   Later in my career, working as a contractor for pay reasons, that Bell Labs had me working as an MTS Supervisor from time to time (I hated it),  actually ILLEGAL, because I could be trusted and had the strength to do so.   Bell Labs research board (I forget the term) was even attempting to fund me because of certain expertise, but they couldn't pay my $1M/yr at the time.

The world is not kind and it appears there be dragons in certain places, but they are made of paper egos.

John

I agree John. At an AES convention several years ago, I saw one of the experts mentioned in this very thread, disrespect another expert so much that I was appalled. The disrespectful expert actually put his head down and pretended to sleep, while the other expert spoke. They were both presenting on the same panel. 

That rubs me the wrong way.

The absolutism, overconfidence, schadenfreude, and childishness in many objective discussions also turns me off. The over the top craziness of some subjective discussions (HiFi water anyone?) isn’t my thing either, but it’s rare to see as much belittling from the subjective side. 

@pkane2001 this isn’t directed at you.